Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Rapid House Numbers

Post by
Rapid House Numbers is another script for adding a sequence of house numbers.

Greasyfork: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/35931 ... se-numbers

To use the script, click on 'Edit house numbers' as usual. Two new fields will appear to the right of the 'Add house numbers' button. If you add a non-zero number to each field, the 'Add house numbers' text will change color to indicate that the script is active.

While the script is active, the 'a' key becomes an accelerator for the 'Add house numbers' button. As a result, you don't need to keep moving the pointer back and forth between the road being edited and the button. When you click on the map to place the new house number, the HN will be initialized with the number shown in the 'Next #' field. The 'Next #' field will then be incremented to the next number in the sequence.

The script has, at this point, only been tested in Chrome.

POSTER_ID:17000769

Send a message

Post by ABelter
russblau wrote:The "1", "2", "3", etc. shortcuts to override the default numbering interval are no longer working for me.
Looking at the code, it appears they were intentionally removed a few versions back when the alphanumeric support was added. I personally use those much more often than than I use alphanumeric, so I too would like to see them back. Hopefully now that there is the switch between numeric-only and alphanumeric, this feature could make its way back in.
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
State Manager / North Carolina
Traffic Event Marshal / South Atlantic Region (NC, SC, TN, KY)
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by AggieJM
Dancingman81 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:17 pm Heyho,

with the WME productive update from 15th May (version 2.159) after set from house numbers and leave the hn mode the fields will stay in the top bar, after enter the hn mode again there will be a second field bar.

Having the same issue.  The page must be fully refreshed to reload WME to remove the HN fields.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
DownPeriscope wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:32 pm Yesterday's WME update (ver. 2.173) seems to have killed the Rapid House Numbers script. I can bring up the top bar, but can't seem to add even one house number.

I think it may have broke all the HN scripts.  I have Quick HN as well and it had the same problem.  In Rapid House Numbers, I couldn't even get the marker to appear.  In Quick HN, the marker would appear but I still had to key in each HN individually because it wouldn't populate.

And I saw a note in the scripts server in Discord that it looked like they were looking for a new development owner for this script.

AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ahtraveller
Very nice and intuitive implementation with simplified accelerator to reduce miskeying. Thanks!
ahtraveller
Send a message

Post by AquaZR1
Something has changed as today even disabling Toolbox I cannot enter house numbers. I select a segment and click edit house numbers and all that happens is the entire street is selected. I am using Chrome. 
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by AquaZR1
RussPA wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:51 am Incognito?  Edit HN button works for me, even with TB and all my scripts enabled.  Might be another script interaction (HN2RPP?).

Incognito works, was also suggested by OJ. I don't use HN2RPP but am thinking there is something else that is an issue.

Thanks

AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by ArjoPoldervaart
Hey kjg53,

Thanks for the awesome script! I took a look into the code, but I am too unfamiliar with javascript to dare try something myself.
It would be great if a letter could be appended and iterates over the alphabet. Here in the Netherlands we also have HN like 26A or 40B.
And while you're busy, also additions like 74-3 and 23-10 are allowed here.

Thank you in advance!
ArjoPoldervaart
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ArjoPoldervaart
Sorry for the late reply, somehow the forum didn't give me an e-mail notification. When the '26X' series is used, I have never seen it increase into something like 26AA. So I would say your proposal to increase from 26Z to 27A is perfectly fine.
In the second form, only the second number should increase, and that can easily go into three digits and shouldn't switch from e.g. 10-999 to 11-1, but just keep increasing, so 10-1000.
Hope that covers your question?
ArjoPoldervaart
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ArjoPoldervaart
Sorry for the late reply, somehow the forum didn't send me an e-mail notification. When the '26X' series is used, I have never seen it increase into something like 26AA. So I would say your proposal to increase from 26Z to 27A is perfectly fine.
In the second form, only the second number should increase, and that can easily go into three digits and shouldn't switch from e.g. 10-999 to 11-1, but just keep increasing, so 10-1000.
Hope that covers your question?
ArjoPoldervaart
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message