Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jondrush
Color coded junctions and lock symbols have been on the uservoice request list for a long time. Doesn't seem to be a high priority at Waze HQ, but it would sure save a lot of zooms and clicks if it was added.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Can you make the city names float, like the AM names did in the old editor? Sometimes you need to zoom way out just to find the center of the city you are working on. It would make checking my work a lot faster if I could always see what city was shown in the window at any zoom level.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Very unreliable and not helpful when I have 3 or 4 cites on the map at one time. Gotta remember us East coasters, every family farm was a new town . . . :P
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
brammall wrote:Is it possible to add a "gravel road" option? North America still has gravel roads that carry large amounts of rural traffic. I am currently labeling them streets because they are definitely more than "dirt roads/4x4 Trails," but they aren't really streets either. Anybody new to an area would be pretty disappointed to turn onto a "street" and find a miles-long system of gravel roads.
Add a ton of junctions to the road so Waze routes round it ;)

Kidding. Sort of.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by Laakkus
Unusable here too. Slow to the extent. What kind of test policy they follow? Almost all the new processes, versions etc. make things really bad at first and then after a (long) while just somewhat useable. Poor planning there IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
Laakkus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area manager: Some cities
Country manager: Finland
Suomenkielinen Wiki | Asemien tarkistus | Editointiohje
i9300 | Resurrection Remix | Waze 3.9

Post by Laakkus
hebermc wrote:The international server in the Brazil region is ocasionally having a small error, mad edits are not comitted imediately, we have to wait a few hours and then when we check the edits have been commited to the map. Sometimes reloading the page displays the edits, others it does not. This issues has been happening for about 3 days. We discussed it in the brazilian forum but someone around here should know about the issue.
"mad edits" - the best typo I've seen for awhile :smile:

Suits the current situations so well... At least I'm mad.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Laakkus
Send a message

Post by Laakkus
CBenson wrote:Really, happens to me all the time. Didn't think they were rare enough to save and send to support.
+1
I'm having this issue with almost every ur I click. :cry:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Laakkus
Send a message

Post by longflare
Having been a, 'Wazer', for over a year, recording hundreds of trips and going out of my way to repeatedly cover maps that fail to update, trying to edit many times, I am approaching the conclusion that this community really doesn't care, and maybe I should stop caring too.

Many times, I've driven along an, 'un-Wazed', road on the map, recording as I go, only to find the tracking has failed completely. Dead end streets are the worst. I have deliberatley gone down to the very end of many, 'no-through-roads', to add them to the database, only to see them unravel again as I return back down the street. I've tried switching off Waze at the end of the street, then it loses it altogether.

I have successfully edited the map, (using both the old and the new editors), numerous times, although it only works very slowly, and then only if I save after every individual alteration.

When I get positive feedback via the mechanism seeming to work correctly, I begin to tackle more complex tasks, and end up with errors. They usually make no sense. I have viewed the instructions, many times, and I am definitely not doing it wrong.

This isn't going to encourage users to engage.
If I continue getting illogical errors, then it follows that I'll give up on this tool.

If you don't stabilise the system soon, and improve the user interface, you will succumb to market forces and we will lose the chance to help each other.

I'd like someone to prove me wrong, I don't want to give up, but I'm sick of banging my head against this, 'brick wall'
longflare
Send a message

Post by Made2Map
I have been editing for past few nights with a Win7 machine. Tonight (April 19th) is the first time I have noticed the issues with alignment. It is quite frustrating.

Edit: I too tried re-installing Chrome & so far it has worked :P
Made2Map
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Made2Map
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

I am a professional cartographer working for a company in Alabama
and a Waze Area Manager for Alabama and Northern Wisconsin

• email: awm4th@gmail.com • twitter: @awmathis

Post by madson_ferrari
Hi wazers,

I can't change the way permissions for any segment since last week. The WME was working very well but from last week I can't change way permissions or edit, delete, I can only create a new road. The mouse icon isn't changing from arrow to hand when I move over the road direction indicators. Is anybody having the same problem?

regards,

Madson Ferrari - From Brazil ;)
madson_ferrari
Send a message
Madson Ferrari
Iphone 4 - Brazil - MG Area