Post by subs5
To allow people who do not have transponders to use the road the allowable restriction has private car and taxi included. Therefore when I-66 has the rush hour restrictions people can use it as a toll road even if they don't have the transponder push or if they haven't selected the EZPass or EZPassFlex transponder.
This is set up the same way I-95/395/495 Express Lanes have been since September.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
This is for people who don't have transponders in the Waze app. That is still a significant amount of people. If we set it up properly there will be a SIGNIFICANT increase in URs about how Waze is broken.
Think back to the middle of September when we were figuring out the Allowable vs Toll free restrictions and how the different AND / OR rules were applied within and between the lines.

Once all users have the transponders available we have discussed the time frame to give them to set them up properly amongst the MAR SMs. If you want to change that then please bring that back up in that channel or forum.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
All US users of the Waze app now have transponders and passes available.

"J. Average User" doesn't normally come to the forums to see what is up.

But you can give the following direction in a UR

"Go to SETTINGS>NAVIGATION> Add toll/HOV passes> Select EZPASS-VA or EZPASS FLEX as applicable.

Since Waze does not know the number of passengers on a trip, if there is a requirement then you will see HOV-2+ or HOV-3+ on the route option. Click that if you meet the requirements for the HOV"

People are self certifying that they meet the HOV requirement either by number of people in the car or if there is a special Virginia license plate for that road
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
That will occur on Saturday. We are giving people a week to figure out the transponders. The Express Lanes were set up for the toll road just as they have been for years. Turn avoid toll roads on in your settings till Sat.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
GregoryKoch wrote:
Right, but the (Dulles) Toll Road doesn't require an EZ-Pass, so if I tell it I don't have an EZ-Pass (even though I do) it won't route me onto the Express Lanes, but will route me onto the Dulles Toll Road if it's the best route, correct?

Yes after Sat it won't route you on I-66 unless you say you have an EZPass or an EZPassFlex.

If you do add a transponder then you can select avoid toll roads till you are past I-66 then if you turn off avoid toll roads it will recalculate using the Dulles Toll Road (in case you ever get an EZPass)...
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
Yes it is set up for free transit for all expect during the Express Lane hours. Eastbound in the morning and westbound in the afternoon. Monday -Friday.

Feel free to look at the requirements yourself at this section.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
You can turn the avoid toll roads on and off in the settings.

When you drive by yourself back home have avoid toll roads turned on. Then after you pass the I-66 entrances (last one on your route not just the first one by the office) turn it back to allow toll roads. It will automatically do a recalculation and offer Dulles Toll Road.

Going to work, have allow toll roads set. then once on the toll road should be able to select avoid toll roads. Worst case is select it at the end of the toll road.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message