Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by FrisbeeDog
I just installed 1.7 from the app store.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by gibby71
TheFej just a quick suggestion.

In the new scoreboard screen there is a "up" button in the top right corner. It should be renamed to "top". It took me a little bit to figure out the function of this button.

Thanks
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by gibby71
kurros wrote:I'm sure this comes up every release but how long does it usually take Apple to approve an update?
Once submitted it can take up to two weeks.
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by kurros
I'm sure this comes up every release but how long does it usually take Apple to approve an update?
kurros
Send a message
Area Manager - Walt Disney World Resort and neighbors
Area Manager - Central Polk County, Florida (Winter Haven, Lakeland, Bartow, Auburndale)

Post by kurros
FrisbeeDog wrote:I just installed 1.7 from the app store.
Wow that was fast. Time for a late night drive!
kurros
Send a message
Area Manager - Walt Disney World Resort and neighbors
Area Manager - Central Polk County, Florida (Winter Haven, Lakeland, Bartow, Auburndale)

Post by Lemon
sketch wrote:
tgindrup wrote:Could we just download the ipa file, save it to the appropriate directory and sync the iPhone? Would that work? Obviously I haven't tried it yet ;)
Nope, Apple requires a .mobileprovision file for all testers, and there's a certain number that can be given out—50 or 100, I think—and I think they're clean out.
If you're jailbroken you can get any beta updates, whether or not you were part of the initial 50-100 beta testers.

The scoreboard is a sweet option to see. Will we be able to see a similar score board on waze.com in the future?
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by PeterG
Hi,
and what is more: When will we see an updated (beta) version for systems, where you do not depend on someone else to allow distributing the software or crack your system to install what you want to ;)...?

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by raredirt
I am going to grab the latest version now and see where it stands.

One thing I noticed that I did not see posted elsewhere in this post is that when I make a play-list on the fly via Waze (1.6.99.2) that it will not shuffle or advance through the list automatically it just repeats, I have to manually change songs turning shuffle off or on in Waze has no effect. I have no problems or issues with this when playing via the native IPOD function.

On another note keep up the great work guys. The application still rocks and I am loving the progress you have made so far! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
raredirt
Send a message
Area manager(On sabatical): State of Kansas
Samsung Galaxy S8
2016 Chevy Volt

Post by robin1979
I like the new release as well.
New mainscreen layout is much better, I really like the slightly bigger crosshair button.
The alternative routes look really great as well.

Only thing I'm really looking forward to see in the client is a higher contrast map color scheme.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
cobra wrote:The new route display dialog is very nice, although it does not display more than one route for me. Is that for the future? When trying it, I had the display lock up on me, meaning that my car stopped moving on the underlying roads. I drove about a half mile, but the map display showed my car stuck prior to my last turn. The user interface was responsive, it just seemed not to update the current displayed location. I didn't know how to work around it, so I stopped the app and restarted it. It worked fine after the restart.
When it calculated the first route, you need to hit the big button on the right upper of the popup to calculate the other ones.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe