Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

can you please make it so maps are pre loaded?

Post by iseeu1001
Can you please make it so maps are pre loaded and not using data because I only have a 200 MB cap on my service :( I don't want to pay extra $15 for every time I go over :( I would get unlimited if it was around but sadly most companys run out of unlimited and AT&t doesn't seem to have it. Please I really like waze it's a good gps but the data consumption please do something bout it thanks...
iseeu1001

POSTER_ID:5220167

Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Then with all due respect I'd call people in wheelchairs able-bodied...

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Since when?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Navigation applications that download the entire map to your device are not that cost prohibitive. Browse your app store. Could be less expensive than spending for a higher capacity data plan if you don't need the data for other users.

Although I should also say that I was running Waze a couple of hours daily for my commute on an AT&T 200MB plan and it was workable. Of course I had to minimize usage of everything to not go over.

My iPhone has been much more useful when I switched from the 200MB to 2GB plan. No need to be fussing over data usage constantly. When I look back it was foolish to be limited to 200MB per month.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
I suggest you use Waze more before proclaiming the product is crippled by not having a manual method to pre load maps.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gianekaren
i have the same plan with att.. 200mb and i use waze all day long..refresh map, sending log and whatever..
until now i never exceed the 200mb..
off course the way we use the phone is different for everybody... i don't download or stream unless i'm connected with wireless...but i surf a little, download small app.. etc...

i don't think that the maps in waze will kill your data plan..http://kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dntknw.gif
gianekaren
Send a message

Post by iseeu1001
maantje76 wrote:
iseeu1001 wrote:Can you please make it so maps are pre loaded and not using data because I only have a 200 MB cap on my service :( I would get unlimited if it was around but sadly most companys run out of unlimited and AT&t doesn't seem to have it. Please I really like waze it's a good gps but the data consumption please do something bout it thanks...
The idea behind waze is routing based on realtime traffic situation. Without à dataconnection you don't have the profit of that. Also you don't automaticaly provide information for the other Wazers in your area.
But the reports are rarely correct so I don't see the point of reporting :roll: . Can you please make it seperate so I can just use the gps and not all that reporting I will pay 3.99 for an app like that. Except all other apps are more expensive.
iseeu1001
Send a message

Post by iseeu1001
RallyChris wrote:Unfortunately that is one of the pieces of data Waze is trying to use as monetization. So trust me, that people have been asking for this for a long time. It has not happened yet, so don't expect it in the near future.

So unfortunately, data plan is required for the time being.
Ah since data plan is required I might as well try the navigation for AT&T since they have off line or on line navigation for just $9 a month. Oh an you do know that some people just use the report feature to get points right... you should track those people and ban there accounts or something on dis accurate reporting because I was on vacation from maryland to illinois and I saw a lot of wrong reporting on waze using my brothers in laws android phone on sprint so I made sure it was right I looked on my iphone to and it was the same place same report, But no road work or police when reported even passed 100 miles and yet no cops yet or road work where it was reported.
iseeu1001
Send a message

Post by iseeu1001
xteejx wrote:Its a community map, there will be errors and idiots. Wazes greatest weakness is also its greatest strength.
FYI you CAN use Waze offline but don't expect the routing to be perfect, besides, there is an option to use data compression. I use Waze all the time, and not just locally. I'm lucky if it uses 20MB in a month!

Sent from my Telenor_OneTouch using Tapatalk
I don't see how to use waze offline, and oh I just notice data compression. What exactly does that do/ how much does it use data now?
iseeu1001
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Yeah. That doesn't happen. Sine those notices are for events that are usually very temporary in nature, the purpose of Not There is so that people can get rid of the notice once the problem is gone.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message