Why can Level1s not create a place and link Google Maps?

Post by LassiterGregg
Hi,

I'm new and trying to contribute but have been running into roadblock after roadblock! It's like Waze doesn't want me to contribute and is very discouraging because I can't add accurate information where I live. :cry:

For example, I live near this HEB grocery store and there is a MOD Pizza next door but I can't link the same establishment on Google Maps! I tried adding other places like the Little Caesars Pizza near my house. I really don't understand why the permissions are so prohibitive!

I really don't understand and feel very discouraged making me just want to be a consumer or even stop using the app because it's not accurate to my standards as Google Maps.

Best regards,
Lassiter Gregg
LassiterGregg

POSTER_ID:17548836

Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Hi Lassiter,

I worked through many of your updates this morning and thank you for adding that information to the map. Certainly don't be discouraged, we all started in the exact same spot. Your knowledge of the Dickinson area in Texas can be incredibly helpful there and I certainly encourage you to join us in the Discord channel that jm6087 sent you a link to earlier. There you will find that we are a helpful and friendly bunch who can help you with the areas you would like to edit all the while showing you the ropes on how edits work. We are all volunteers trying to make the map better and would love to have your help as well.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Lassiter,

Since you appear to be editing in Texas, I would recommend you join us in our Discord Chat Server.
South Central Region (SCR) - https://discord.me/waze_scr
You will be able to communicate with other local editors to get the assistance you need to becoming a quality editor for Waze.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Machete808
Dittos to all the advice here!

Please check your inbox (see the new messages link near the upper left of the page). I've sent you a private message. And welcome!
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by nkwhitney
I need help. I'm trying to update information for a business I work for. It's not letting me add anything? Please help
nkwhitney
Send a message

Post by tcalvert317m
[quote="LassiterGregg"][/quote]

Hello,

I am another of the State Managers, and I would like to echo what everyone else is saying. We all started out in the same place.

Please feel free to message me at any time.

I hope to see you around in the Discord discussion group.

Thanks,

Ted
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by tcalvert317m
nkwhitney wrote:I need help. I'm trying to update information for a business I work for. It's not letting me add anything? Please help
When you get a chance send a link here and we will get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

Ted
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Lassiter,
Welcome to editing! First, you have to have a number of your places approved. This is a way senior editors can make sure you are filling out the information correctly. Once you have done that a number of times, Waze will learn that you can be trusted and you'll be able to add places without moderation. (You'll still need moderation for changes on anything locked above your level)

As for Google Links, that's something only R3 and above can do at this point.

I hope this helps.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
The best thing you can do is create a post in the appropriate localized forum. Where is the business located?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)