Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update released - version 0.7.4

Added category icons to the Place menu. Each place will display the icon for its parent category.

Added an option for new places to pull the city name from the segment's alt name when the primary is set to "No city".
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
herrchin wrote:Are the quick-select options for setting the categories for a Place already on the map easily alterable? (where they default to the 10 parent categories) Having "Offices" right there would be handy ;)
The catagories for the place menu are fully customizable
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
herrchin wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:The catagories for the place menu are fully customizable
To clarify, I'm referring to the left pane box, not the drop-down menu in the top-right. I'm fixing places 10x more frequently than I am adding new ones, and being able to wipe out the incorrect categories and have my 10 most-common available as a quick click would be fantastic!
Even with WME Place Harmonizer? That should fix the majority of places. Is it not easier/faster to start typing the category in the box and have it autofill the result?

If we were to do this, I would probably hook it up to use the new place menu options instead of providing additional category selections (due to the amount of space this would use).
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
herrchin wrote:I probably only get a WMEPH hit 1 in 20 times, as most Places I'm processing PURs for or fixing when I'm in the area are standalone businesses. Replicating the menu choices would be perfect. Just like ClickSaver, you're right, it probably only saves 2-3 seconds each time, but it adds up (and is a stress reliever, just like ClickSaver). More than anything it's not having to transition hands from mouse to keyboard (to type a category name) and back.

This is a super low priority request though :) PIE is already amazing, so thank you!
Makes sense and I totally agree on the time savings! I'll put it on the list
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 0.7.5

Option requested - Now includes an option to display a search button (magnifying glass) next to a Place's address. Clicking this magnifying glass will load the Place's address into the search box.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
herrchin wrote:I probably only get a WMEPH hit 1 in 20 times, as most Places I'm processing PURs for or fixing when I'm in the area are standalone businesses. Replicating the menu choices would be perfect. Just like ClickSaver, you're right, it probably only saves 2-3 seconds each time, but it adds up (and is a stress reliever, just like ClickSaver). More than anything it's not having to transition hands from mouse to keyboard (to type a category name) and back.

This is a super low priority request though :) PIE is already amazing, so thank you!
Question - what functionality would you expect of this? Clicking the buttons adds the selected type to the categories list, in addition to what is already set? What about clearing the existing categories?
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - version 0.7.6

Added an option to display the Place categories as buttons above the Categories entry, including a button to clear the current categories.

Screenshot - 1_27_2017 , 12_57_32 PM.png
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Olestas wrote:PIE is moving Edits Count monitor around ;]
That isn't possible - PIE doesn't modify the toolbar
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Olestas wrote:Well.. if I enable PIE, edit counts monitor goes into categories ;]
Can you provide a screenshot showing the issue?
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Thanks. I have talked with MoM and he is going to change how the Edit Count script determines its placement. Right now it is sometimes finding my place icon before the one on the toolbar
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message