Wiki Login issues

Post by
you will need to log in a second time if you want to edit a Waze wiki. Look for the second "log in" directly under the main Waze "login" link in the upper right corner of the webpage. Use your standard user and password for the 2nd log in.
My password will not work for the wiki login page. I get the error:
Login error: Incorrect password entered. Please try again.
Using a bad username gives a username error, so I know it's a problem with the password.

I don't know if it's related, but I noticed that some of the wiki help links pointed to http://www.mediawiki.org. I tried logging in there to see if you use their account management because they have a reset password option. I also get errors that indicate the username is good, but the password is bad. When I tried the password reset option I received the error:
The username $1 is not registered on this wiki, but it does exist in the unified login system.
I tried to create an account on their site, but got a similar error (don't have the exact error and am too lazy to try and create the account again.)

POSTER_ID:3927128

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
NYdad wrote:Ive now been throught 2 nitely updates and everything is working perfectly AND i can now log into Wiki.
Sweet
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kentsmith9 wrote:I too did notice that although my user name is "kentsmith9" with a lower case "k", after I log into the Wiki it says I am logged in as "Kentsmith9" with a capital "K". I tried logging in as either one and no problem here either.
mediawiki auto-capitalizes the first letter of all usernames. It's annoying.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
I ran into a problem with my username in the Wiki too. It choked on the 2nd capital letter...

So here I'm "AndyPoms", on the Wiki I'm "Andypoms".

I think the core issue is how Waze is case sensitive to usernames, where most websites either have a case insensitive username but have a display name that can be formatted as one likes or it's case sensitive for display only, but not login.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by argus-cronos
Usually wiki says i'm Argus-cronos but i can login with argus-cronos or both. Never had any problems with the wiki.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by bobsk8
I had the same problem this morning when I tried to log in from the Wiki Page. I finally found where someone posted to log in only at www.waze.com and then it worked correctly. The wiki link kept telling me my user name was not registered, or something similar.
bobsk8
Send a message
Nexus 4
Atlanta, GA.

Post by CBenson
Last night I had this issue on Chrome and Win7. Clearing my cache seemed to fix it.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by gettingthere
I would suggest contacting Waze Support. They should be able to advise on what to do to resolve this issue.

www.waze.com/support
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by Grid64
I would guess that the links pointing to MediaWiki are from when waze first set up a wiki on their server but forgot to change the default for hyperlinks.

The same login credentials for waze is used to login to the wiki. See if the username you're providing doesn't have an extra space at the end and that the upper and lowercase is the same as the login is case sensitive.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
I have the same problem
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I am running into a related issue. From FF 12 I have no problem. From Chrome 19.0 it works sometimes. From IE 7 (rarely use it) I get the "Login error:You have not specified a valid user name."

In all three cases I use the same login credentials.
argus-cronos wrote:Usually wiki says i'm Argus-cronos but i can login with argus-cronos or both. Never had any problems with the wiki.
I too did notice that although my user name is "kentsmith9" with a lower case "k", after I log into the Wiki it says I am logged in as "Kentsmith9" with a capital "K". I tried logging in as either one and no problem here either.

I have no problem logged in through both FF and Chrome at the same time right now, but IE is still refusing to let me log into the Wiki. Since I don't use it I personally don't care.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message