Average Speed Zones for heavy vehicles

Post by
I don't believe it applies in QLD. Uncertain on other states. In the absence of other comments, you're probably safe to roll it out nationwide in the wiki (it can change in future if a need arises).

POSTER_ID:12747380

Send a message

Post by age4670
Two parts here:
  1. The Safe T Cam network is only for heavy vehicles. Please see this link. Average speed zones in NSW are only for heavy vehicles - this link might help. If you have come across a speed camera that has not been mapped, please make a report either in the app or on the livemap and we can look into it. You could also post a permalink of the location and someone from NSW will be able to help you.
  2. We currently have no mechanism in Waze to map mobile phone cameras. It's not likely be added soon but you could add the suggestion here (I'm pretty sure it's already been added so you might need to do a search and give it a few more votes).
age4670
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by carloscapador
GBSpeedy1305 wrote:Can we use a similar comment for Safe-T-Cam Locations?

Safe-T-Cam for Heavy Vehicles
Safe-T-Cam for Heavy Vehicles only.
This is a location on the Safe-T-cam Network which monitors heavy vehicles only. We do not map cameras at these locations in Waze. Further information at
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Australia#Average_Speed_Zones_for_Heavy_Vehicles
and the forum - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=254566

Note: You need to copy the full version of the Wiki link not the abbreviated version in the Ituajr's post.

A Safe-T-Cam location at Dog on Tucker Box
Even people say they're for heavy traffic I got caught for this cameras whilst I was driving an small car. We should be able to report those cameras and they not only for speed but also for mobile phone while driving!
carloscapador
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
Did we want to actively flag and remove existing cameras?
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx

Safe-T-Cam requires deleting - Twelve Mile Creek
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
theclem54 wrote:I don't believe it applies in QLD.
My understanding is that Qld only has the point 2 point, or average speed zone/camera system. And it is applicable to all traffic through the system, not just cars or heavy vehicles.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
Having a fixed speed camera system inside a point to point system seems to defeat the purpose of the p2p system to me. The point of the p2p system is that it ensures you stay under the set average speed limit for the entire length, but allows you to overtake slower cars in the outside lane above the set speed limit. You just need to lower your speed limit again afterwards.

Having the fixed speed limit camera ruins the system. Again, all it does is forces cars to go slower across that line and then speed up afterwards, when the design of the p2p system is to allow traffic to move at a constant speed.

Dumb design and decision.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GBSpeedy1305
Just a heads up - Average Speed Zones in the ACT apply to all vehicles. We don’t have any heavy vehicle only ones.
GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 6
Send a message

Post by GBSpeedy1305
Pius there is a section of the Federal Highway with the Average Speed Zone Flag set.
The Highway has a Level 3 Lock. I have marked the start of the zone but have no way of seeing where the zone ends.
GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by GBSpeedy1305
GeoffBrownSpeedy7 wrote:
Pius there is a section of the Federal Highway with the Average Speed Zone Flag set.
The Highway has a Level 3 Lock. I have marked the start of the zone but have no way of seeing where the zone ends.
Permalink?
Edit: Updated Link
Federal Highway Start of Heavy Vehicle Average Speed Zone with Flag Set

I have swapped the comment here for another one with the wording came up with.
GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by GBSpeedy1305
Can we use a similar comment for Safe-T-Cam Locations?

Safe-T-Cam for Heavy Vehicles
Safe-T-Cam for Heavy Vehicles only.
This is a location on the Safe-T-cam Network which monitors heavy vehicles only. We do not map cameras at these locations in Waze. Further information at
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Australia#Average_Speed_Zones_for_Heavy_Vehicles
and the forum - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=254566

Note: You need to copy the full version of the Wiki link not the abbreviated version in the Ituajr's post.

A Safe-T-Cam location at Dog on Tucker Box
GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message