Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

**Twin Cities Wazing Help/Support**

Post by
Hey for everyone in the Twin Cities Metro and surrounding area, I'm Lemon one of the area managers for this area. I know people have been asking for a better way to try to get a hold of their area managers in order to make changes to the map and that not a lot has been done yet.

Currently, reporting errors from the client doesn't always get resolved in the most timely manner and they are hard to see unless you are looking at that area of the map. To resolve some of these issues, I created an email address: lemon.atWaze@gmail.com. The goal is for people in this area to directly send Waze related map problems for what I hope is a more immediate and direct response to your problems when using the map in the Twin Cities Metro area. I guess you could kind of think of it as a help desk for Waze in the Twin Cities.

Just a few things to keep in mind:
- Try to be as descriptive as possible when explaining the problem (time, location, situation details, etc).
- Screen shots from your client while experiencing the problem or Cartouche screen shots/perma-links are extremely helpful.

I do have a job but would be more than willing to help you out when i'm free in the evening so email me your issues Twin Cities Wazers ;)

ps. Please don't spam me :)

POSTER_ID:9461

Send a message

Post by Aces0verEights
Seems there is a big Waze following in the Cities here. Ive been Wazing for a while, just never got on the forums. I am working on editing maps in my home area of Mound. I think the system sent some update requests to the area manager. Not sure who covers my area, but they will see the requests I bet.
Aces0verEights
Send a message

Post by Aces0verEights
Cool, whenever you get around to them. Seems that there are alot of streets that waze thinks connect to eachother in Mound, but they dont connect at all in real life. Did a little clean up of roads that it though were 1 way, because thats the only way I have gone on them. :mrgreen:
Aces0verEights
Send a message

Post by Aces0verEights
I tried to delete an intersection, and it said something to the effect of "Sending off for area manager approval" or something like that. I can try it again.

EDIT
just did it again. says "0 deleted and 1 moved to pending deletions to be approved by area manager"
Aces0verEights
Send a message

Post by Chroma
Lemon wrote:Hey Twin Cities, i just got a request for a user to edit the major highway on their commute. Took a couple hours but i hope everything should be solved now. When you email me i can get a sense of where people need more help with the maps sooner than if you were to report a problem via your mobile device.

The email thing i've set up actually worked well in this case. Again, don't feel awkward about emailing me. I'd love you help you out :)

:D Hi there. It was alot better. I need to start fixing on/off ramps now.
Chroma
Send a message
Minneapolis Area Manager
Alexandria Area Manager

Post by crayboy
Re. edit to W 28th St in St Louis Park.
I just made an edit (now pending), and wanted to leave a note for the area manager.
I removed the stretch of w28th St from Xenwood to Yosemite Ave's - it is a footpath. Also, Yosemite is no drivable from a point ~20' S of the footpath for a distance of about 40' (There is a 20' berm!) but I could not find a way to delete that section.
crayboy
Send a message

Post by crayboy
I just submitted some deletions in EP, but do not have permission for additions - there is a development bounded by Prairie Center Drive, Prairie Lakes Drive and Lexington Drive which is severely messed up!
crayboy
Send a message

Post by crayboy
Lemon wrote:
crayboy wrote:I just submitted some deletions in EP, but do not have permission for additions - there is a development bounded by Prairie Center Drive, Prairie Lakes Drive and Lexington Drive which is severely messed up!
Crayboy, could you provide perma-links? They would really help me get to the exact area you are speaking to.

Thanks,
Lemon
http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5&l ... FTFFFTTTTT
crayboy
Send a message

Post by crayboy
The "Update Map" looks good, soon as the changes roll out to the Live map, I'll be a-munching - thanks!
crayboy
Send a message

Post by daviss
whats you rank, lemon?
daviss
Send a message

Post by daviss
above me... i'm 39..
daviss
Send a message