Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
I was able to send Steve the script data in a notepad file and he created a new script in TM, deleted all default information and pasted the script data, saved. Once saved he was able to update to latest version (the script data I sent him was one version low due to an update while I was creating the notepad file)

You can get someone you know that has a working version to send you the data.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
rschalie wrote:Another thing, more content: A lot of notifications on missing names are referring to bits of water or lines of trees. All those bits of water (ponds, ditches) and trees simply don't have names, so would it be possible to relax this requirement a bit?
There are that many ponds, ditches and trees mapped in WME? That seems a bit overboard IMO.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
hbiede wrote:I agree with sketch. I often find the map is too monochromatic, mapping even somewhat insignificant lakes and parks adds a nice aesthetic to the screen
I don't disagree that mapping lakes, trees and parks is not a bad idea. I do think that mapping a group of a dozen or so trees is a bit to much but that is just my opinion. I have no issues if a state/country/region wants to map every grouping of trees and small bodies of water, if that is the route they want to do. If they are mapped then they don't need to flag Magic since most likely they will just be a group of trees and not a named forest.

I know that sketch has added many canals in LA and I think they look good and do help the map.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
RussPA wrote:
Be8el0ve wrote:Russ, Magic was just updated to 1.0.128 and is working again. No more need for a work around. :)
Yep, the update came out right after I made that post.
I am sure that dbcm had the update ready and was waiting for Russ to post something before releasing. :lol:
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
juliansean wrote:I have the other pictures but keeps telling me they're too big. It shows the error.

1 changes failed to save:
Multiple changes to Segment
segment:47033094
14:04
Property streetIDs of Segment with ID 47033094 references Street with no generated ID for -101
Check and try again

Here is a PL of one that error's and I didn't fix yet. https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... s=47033094
I believe that this is part of the new save flow errors that are caused by the way the scripts creates the new name. Something about the name has to exist in the screen or something in order to save correctly. Manually adding the name is the only workaround.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Caart wrote:Hello.

User of an integrated Android Auto in my car, I noticed that gas stations are not available when you search for stations if the station doesn't have open hours set (but the station appears if I use the phone directly).
Would you please add a warning on this to force editors to set at least 24h/24 and 7/7 ?

Thanks

Caart
Why would we want to force hours to be 24/7? Not all stations are open 24/7. Adding the hours are part of what the editor normally does when the information is available.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
The only correct time to enter would be the actual hours. It would also be a disservice to knowingly use inaccurate hours just to show a place open that might not be.

If the hours are not available then I would leave them blank. If they don't show up in the list, that is the fault of the gas station, not us since we did our best effort to find the hours.

It is no different than McDonald's. Would you put 24/7 on all stores you can't find the hours for, just to have it show on the list?

EDIT: Same here, no experience with the issue personally.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
turbomkt wrote: What I would do is fix Android Auto. This is only one of the ways AA is crippled. AA can't report everything the app can.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that since I don't have AA. If it is a bug in AA, instead of hacking the map, I would assume it should be reported wherever they report bugs.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
TinoTico wrote:Does anyone have an idea of when to expect on update for this issue?
It was just reported yesterday. I am sure that when the script writer gets a chance to read the forum messages, he will probably comment.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Can Non-Routable Pedestrian Pathways (roadType = 10) be added to the underlocked highlight list? In the SCR we allow mapping of NRPP with a lock of lock of L3
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ