Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
dspille wrote:
dspille wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.01.09

Added the option to move the HN entry above the Street name entry in the address panel
This new option does not seem to be working for me. I have tried the option checked and unchecked, and everything still is presented as before, with street name above HN field. Not seeing any errors in the console. Any ideas?
So I have been testing this further, and I believe the issue I was having is with the WME Fix UI option below. If I click on the pencil icon to edit, the HN field is above the street name field. However, if I first click on the place address to edit (instead of the pencil), the HN field is below the street name field. Once I click on the pencil icon to edit, the HN will always be above the street name field even if I subsequently click on the place address to edit. If you click off of the place and edit again, you must click on the pencil icon for the HN to be above the street name. I hope that helps to troubleshoot the issue. Of course, if I were not running WME Fix UI, this would not even be an issue, so perhaps this should be addressed to ianhouse instead.

Thanks for testing!
I hope that helps to troubleshoot the issue.
I can't compensate for how all other scripts make modifications to the editor but I can try to make this work.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Minor update - 1.01.10

Per request - added a delete button to the Place image dialog
Screenshot - 6_9_2017 , 1_56_22 PM.jpg
(28.87 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:Next, "next button" on pictures? :D

So we don't have to close every freakin picture to look at the next one
Good suggestion - I had forgotten about that stupidity....I mean...design flaw. I'll put it on the list.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
You asked for it, you got it!

Update released - 1.01.11

Prev/Next buttons on the image dialog. Also, the current image/total count above the image.

When the mouse is moved over the left/right 15% of the image the prev/next arrows will display.
Screenshot - 6_13_2017 , 3_33_39 PM.jpg
(37.64 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
crazycaveman wrote:Thanks for this script!

When creating a new residential place with "Edit RPP address after created" selected (and using Alt+R), the HN appears below the street number. Obviously, canceling out of that and clicking the pencil icon to edit the properties again moves the HN where it deserves to go

This is not caused by a conflict with other scripts (such as WMEFU) as I tested with no other scripts enabled.
Good find! I'm pushing an update today and will get this fixed.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.00

Various small bugs fixed - auto-editing of RPP will move the HN before the Street entry if that option is enabled; WMEFU making the entire address a clickable link will now also move the HN before Street when enabled.

Parking Space Estimator tool released.
PSE.png
(9.16 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
This tool was developed with MapOMatic and was designed to give editors a way to reliably , and quickly, measure/count the number of spaces in a parking lot.

This option is enabled under the Map Changes section and is labeled "Show Parking Space Estimator tool button". When enabled, a pound sign will display alongside the other Place buttons, next to the categories section. Clicking this button will open the Parking Space Estimator tool.
Screenshot - 6_23_2017 , 11_21_24 AM.png
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
And next to the number of parking spaces section in the Info tab.
Screenshot - 6_23_2017 , 11_22_30 AM.png
(6.53 KiB) Downloaded 716 times

Many lots are a mixture of 90 degree and angled spots.
Screenshot - 6_23_2017 , 10_56_32 AM.jpg
(35.8 KiB) Downloaded 726 times
Due to this, the tool allows you to calibrate two space widths - one for use with 90 degree spots and one for angled spots.

To calibrate, press the Cal button next to the type that you want to calibrate (I recommend calibrating at zoom 8 or 9 in order to get the best representation of the spot). When you press the Cal button you draw a line from side to side of the parking spot in order to measure. For the 90 degree lots, draw the link perpendicular to each of the parking spaces white lines. Click once to start drawing and double click to complete drawing. When you are done you will see the Spot Width has updated and the calibration line is removed so as to not add clutter.
Cal90.jpg
(15.78 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
To calibrate angled spots, draw your calibration line in the direction that you will be drawing your measure line - most likely parallel to the painted line at the front of the space (where the nose of the car will be).
CalAngled.png
(119.56 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
With the calibrations complete, you should be able to quickly measure the lot. To measure, click the pencil under the spot type you are ready to start measuring. Start your line at the top of the aisle and run it down through all of the spaces (stopping if there is a median interrupting the aisle). When you are at the end, double click to end that line. You will see a line drawn on screen to show that you have measured that aisle. You will stay in draw mode until you click the pencil again to disable it (or press ESC) or change to the draw mode for the other spot type.

If you map all spots, you can use the Set button to assign the measured value to the selected PLA - the correct spot range will be selected based upon the number of spots measured.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
dspille wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 1.02.00
Thank you for these awesome enhancements!

After updating, I'm having an issue with not being able to check the new PL estimator option box. I have tried disabling the FU script and still have the issue. Can anyone else duplicate this?

Gah. I can duplicate. I will investigate...was working fine in beta.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Forgot to post this with the update announcement...

For those doing translations, below is a list of the new translations. If/when you update, send to me and I will update in the script.

Code: Select all

ShowParkingSpaceEstimatorTool: "Show Parking Space Estimator tool",
                    ShowParkingSpaceEstimatorToolTitle: "Shows the button to launch the Parking Space Estimator tool",
                    PSEParkingSpaceEstimator: "Parking Space Estimator",
                    PSELayoutType: "Layout type",
                    PSE90degree: "90 degree",
                    PSEAngled: "Angled",
                    PSEEstimatedNumOfSpots: "Estimated # of spots: ",
                    PSESet: "Set",
                    PSESpotWidth: "Spot width (m)",
                    PSECal: "Cal",
                    PSEDraw90DegreeTitle: "Click to draw a line through an entire 90 degree parking space aisle.  Double click to finish drawing and measure the spaces.",
                    PSEDrawAngledTitle: "Click to draw a line through an entire angled parking space aisle.  Double click to finish drawing and measure the spaces.",
                    PSEShowPSEButton: "Show Parking Space Estimator tool button",
                    PSEShowPSEButtonTitle: "Shows the button to launch the Parking Space Estimator tool",
                    PSEDisplayButtonTitle: "Opens the Parking Space Estimator tool"
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.02

New feature - Show the nav point & closest segment line when hovering over a Place.

This option is enabled by default...because it's cool :) You can turn it off under Map Changes
Screenshot - 6_28_2017 , 10_14_05 AM.png
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
If the nav point has not been moved, it will not be drawn (for point Places this prevents the actual Place from being drawn on top of).
PIE1.jpg
(19.88 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
If the navigation point has been moved, a dashed line will be drawn from the point Place to the navigation point (crosshairs added to match the native display). For area Places a dashed line will be drawn from the centroid of the area Place to the navigation point (again - duplicated native display). A line will be drawn from the navigation point to the closest segment.
PIE2.jpg
(25 KiB) Downloaded 655 times
PIE3.jpg
(18.5 KiB) Downloaded 648 times
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message