Post by Kurumakun
The prices are screwed up again, I tried entering on Friday and it was forcing me into a "x.xxx" format despite still claiming "c", and now every price has three digits after the decimal point.
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by Kurumakun
Any news on this? It was still broken yesterday.
With the demise of Pumps.ie a lot of people were moving to Waze for fuel prices, but if the functionality keeps breaking then people are just going to move away again...
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by Kurumakun
It's still broken for me on Android - it forces me to enter a "cent" value in "x.xxx" format, so I've just been not using it. And every price is shown with three points after the decimal, e.g. "145.900". Nothing is being updated here locally because it's unusable.

People are still up in arms on boards.ie and elsewhere about the demise of Pumps.ie (some are waiting for other developments that aren't complete), but I can't recommend Waze as an alternative in its current state.
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by Kurumakun
Any chance of this getting fixed? Been nearly 2 months now...
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by Kurumakun
scanlanavia wrote:Updating Gas prices should not require that much know how..

It failed for me 99% of them on android
regardless what I tried

resulting in an uninformative "Uh Oh"

surely it cannot be diffucult for the app to access X.XX for diesel , petrol
and the brand doesnt really matter as input.

People/Drivers gravitate towards price ... that for me is the only differentiator..
I'd suggest going to "Report an Issue" in Settings and provide details of what's wrong. If more people report it, there may be a better chance of it getting fixed.

The main issue seems to be that fuel prices in Ireland are supposed to be in the xxx.x format (for cents per litre) but at some stage things got broken and it would only let you enter them in the x.xxx format - and Waze didn't seem to like the significant difference in values (probably to protect from incorrect entries) so was failing to accept new price reports.

Things seem to have been resolved around Cork city, as we can now enter in xxx.x format again and no stations appear to have incorrect format x.xxx values so we're not being blocked from entering prices. Things don't seem so great elsewhere...
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by Kurumakun
I encountered one station today with a funny "1.5" price. What I did:
1. Mark fuel as unavailable, submit
2. Mark fuel as available, enter price, submit

Seemed to work fine (Circle K Cork Airport).
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by lsin023
More than 82% according to this?
Maybe, it's time to activate this feature in Waze which was very useful when I was using it in UK/FR.
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
Great news! Thanks!
Is the list of brands up to date? I hope it won't take them too long if we need to update it like a adding GO?
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
davidg666 wrote:do you think we're missing (m)any brands?
Here's a copy of the pretty complete list posted in 2012 (good starting point I guess):
(*) listed in WME on 13/09/15
Amber*
Applegreen*
Burmah
Campus*
Centra
Corrib Oil
Costcutter
Discount Fuel Deals
Discount Fuels
DMG Energy
Drive Service Stations
E.K. Fuels
Emo*
ENI*
Esso*
Estuary
Eurofuels
Excol
Fraser Oil
Friendz
Gala
Garbally Oil
Garveys
Go
Great Gas*
GreatGas
Gulf Oil
Hanlons Filling Station
Independent
Independent(Clare Oil)
Inver
J.J Kelly Fuels
Jones Oil
Junction 20
Kelloil
Kilmeaden services
Londis
Maxol*
MCL
MFS
Morgan Fuels
Morris Oil
Naas Oil
Pallas Service Station
Pathfinder Oil
Petrogas*
Safe Fuels
Statoil
SuperValu
Swift
Tedcastles
Tesco*
Texaco*
Texoil
The Oil Company
Top*
Topaz*
Tougher
Ultima Oil
Unknown Brand
Vivo
XL
Xpress Stop
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lsin023
davidg666 wrote:do you think it would be best to have a more limited list that contains the most popular brands, and then use the existing "Independent Retailer" brand for brands that just have one or two petrol stations?
As far as I remember, petrol stations will show up with their brand logo in Waze client map, that's probably why we have that list I guess. Waze HQ would probably be happier with a shorter list. :)
Anyway, I think a limited list with the most popular/cheapest brands would be wise. ;)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message