[Template update] Rank

Post by ldriveskier
Related to the new permissions system and changes on the Editing restrictions page, the Rank template needs some new fields defined. I'd like to propose the following fields (Parameter, Result, Description):

SegmentDelete, 2, The minimum editor rank to delete a segment not created by themselves
DT, 3, The minimum editor rank to set a difficult turn
URClose, 2, The minimum editor rank to close an Update Request
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17198063

Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
voludu2 wrote:I propose DifficultTurn rather than DT,j for clarity.
I just updated this template to correct the rank for adding links to external providers to 2.
Can we use both DT and DifficultTurn, similar to the JB/Junction Box?
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
voludu2 wrote:This is all very simple, purely factual information, and nobody has objected to these facts.
I propose we make the following changes immediately.
1) Update the template to display these numbers to add these parameter values and the values the template will return for each.
2) Update the template documentation to display documentation of these new parameter values
3) Update the calling page (Editing Restrictions) to use these parameter values rather than the hard-coded values.

If there are no objections, I will see that steps 1 and 2 are completed by the end of the week.
Please don't wait for me. I'm buried this week, so it would be quicker if you go ahead and do the updates. Thank you!!! :)
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by subs5
Kartografer wrote:I updated the rank template to reflect that R4 editors can create and edit junction boxes.
Should there be a statement that the editor's rank must be equal or greater than the highest lock level in the junction box? Ex a Rank 5 editor or higher is needed to make or edit a junction box that included a L5 road segment.

Both in the table you modified and the JB page?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I propose DifficultTurn rather than DT, for clarity.
I just updated this template to correct the rank for adding links to external providers to 2.
voludu2
Send a message
Last edited by voludu2 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by voludu2
Yes.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
This is all very simple, purely factual information, and nobody has objected to these facts.
I propose we make the following changes immediately.
1) Update the template to display these numbers to add these parameter values and the values the template will return for each.
2) Update the template documentation to display documentation of these new parameter values
3) Update the calling page (Editing Restrictions) to use these parameter values rather than the hard-coded values.

If there are no objections, I will see that steps 1 and 2 are completed by the end of the week.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I have completed 1, 2, and 3 above.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Thanks, kent.
It shouldn't be too difficult to fix all the links to this template from all the calling pages - there are not many.

Perhaps a note in comments at the top of the template for anyone seeking to edit, describing the desired format for the parameters would help keep things tidier in the future.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Good idea. Will there be abbreviations or Acronyms? Or is the list getting long enough that it is best to stick with whole words?
voludu2
Send a message