These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.37

Post by vince1612
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
- Redesigned ETA screen - see a traffic forecast for your destination before you start driving
- Minor bug fixes
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.36
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by StampyNTFC
StampyNTFC wrote:
kumiankka wrote:
StampyNTFC wrote:I still have the problem of closing roads...

I can close one end ok - but if I drive to the other end of the said closure, and try to put a road closed in there - WAZE defaults to the 1st one.

Only way to be able to do 2 closures is to CLOSE the app, and restart it..
You can scroll the map manually to the 2nd closure location but it's just a workaround, not a permanent fix.
It wouldn't let me do it when I tried the other day...

I'll give it another go today on the A605, and report back.... :)
Tried this again last night...

Waze wouldn't let me do it - had to close the app and restart!!!
StampyNTFC
Send a message
Level 2 Editor

Post by StampyNTFC
kumiankka wrote:
StampyNTFC wrote:I still have the problem of closing roads...

I can close one end ok - but if I drive to the other end of the said closure, and try to put a road closed in there - WAZE defaults to the 1st one.

You can scroll the map manually to the 2nd closure location but it's just a workaround, not a permanent fix.
It wouldn't let me do it when I tried the other day...

I'll give it another go today on the A605, and report back.... :)
StampyNTFC
Send a message
Level 2 Editor

Post by StampyNTFC
I still have the problem of closing roads...

StampyNTFC
Send a message
Level 2 Editor

Post by ssoryn
Hello,
I did not used waze for several months and now I had a message saying that my account is lost somwhere ... => they advised me to create a new account. I tried several times to recover my old account, but as it did not worked, I "update" the old account (based on the same phone no) so I lost all the history of my account => 0 membership rewards etc...
Any solution to recover or merge the old account with the new one?
Thx
ssoryn
Send a message

Post by Spitfire357
Hi, I am also experiencing strange behaviour from the Waze APP and "friends" management.
My precise situation is: I shifted from iOS to Android (leaving my iPhone for a Blackberry device).
Occasionally I am also using the same App on an iPad with iCloud sync for the account.
On the "new" Android device, I have been able to log in with my account but, strangely enough, my avatar picture does not appear on my profile and I do not have any friends in the list.
Still my points are there and my home and workplace as well indicating that I am well "recognised" by the system.
I followed the procedure to add friends and authorised Waze to access my contacts. The contact list sometimes appear, sometimes triggers an error message like "network problem, try again later" (within the App and although I am connected on both Cellular and Wifi. Bottom line is that I cannot recover or add friends under Android App!?
Tried to uninstall and re-install: same thing.
Can anyone please help?
Spitfire357
Send a message

Post by RussPA
placatethecat19 wrote:My android (Samsung 8s) went through an update and coincidentally all of my FB friends and contacts that have been in Waze disappeared.
Please note that there is a new topic for the new Waze version 4.38. The issue with Facebook is described in that topic.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
ssoryn wrote:Hello,
I did not used waze for several months and now I had a message saying that my account is lost somwhere ... => they advised me to create a new account. I tried several times to recover my old account, but as it did not worked, I "update" the old account (based on the same phone no) so I lost all the history of my account => 0 membership rewards etc...
Any solution to recover or merge the old account with the new one?
Thx
Accounts cannot be merged. The best way to log in is username and password (both case sensitive). All other log in methods (phone number, facebook, etc) are unreliable and shouldn't be used.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by rquangt
searching new locations using android auto show this message:
Requires Password
Screenshot_2018-05-02-10-27-58-975_com.waze.png
(37.73 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
rquangt
Send a message

Post by pykko17
Hello!

Waze app was buggy and I reinstalled it. Now I can't login.
I receive the confirmation SMS, Waze says it discovered my account and then it can't login.
Says something about my account lost in stratosphere. Really?!
I tried a dozen times and the same. What should I do?
pykko17
Send a message