Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New WME version v2.13-93

Post by Vespucci41
Hey all,

Here the change log for this release:

*Alley renamed to “Narrow Street”. For more information please see this post in the WME forum.
*mi/h changed to mph

*New place categories
1. Rest area
Parent Category: Transportation
REST_AREAS: Rest area
Keywords (not available in client yet): oasis, service area, service areas, welcome center, welcome centers, truck stop, truck stops, rest area
2. Trash & recycling facility
Parent Category: Professional & Public
TRASH_AND_RECYCLING_FACILITIES: Trash & recycling facility
Keywords (not available in client yet): trash disposal, recycling, recycling center, recycling centers, waste, waste collection, hazardous waste, garbage, dump, garbage dumps, junkyard, junkyards, landfill, landfills
3.CELL_PHONES_AND_ACCESSORIES updated to TELECOM
We created this for internal use, the keywords will not become search key words in the client.
The purpose is to find physical location of cellphone provider, you can map this if you want but the key word will not be searchable in the client.

* State switches when unchecking "None" for city - FIXED (Community Bug: 8806351)
* Cannot clear expiration date of map comment - FIXED (Community Bug: 78207348)
* Adding roundabout on street with no name fail - FIXED

* Merge segments causes certain segment attributes to be set on the wrong direction & U-turns not to be preserved - FIXED
More context on what changed here:
When merging there is a concept of a "main" segment (first segment selected) and a "auxiliary" segment (second segment selected). After merging the segment will inherit all its properties from the main segment, including the driving direction, speed properties, restrictions, tolls, etc.
Before this bug fix this created some issues, because A > B directions weren’t necessarily assigned based on the same logic for segment attributes. This caused for example issues with the directionality of toll roads, creating issues in routing.
Moving forward all merges will inherit A > B direction from the main (first selected segment) and all attributes will be adjusted correctly. In addition, this fixes a bug where U-turns on merged segment edges that disappeared before, will now remain on the map.

* Side panel blank when selecting multi segments - FIXED
* Can't multi-select (Ctrl+Shift while dragging mouse) - FIXED
* Place categories are not sorted for non EN locales - FIXED
* Merge segment could result in undetectable segment - FIXED

* Update translations

Enjoy!
Ruben
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17527666

Send a message

Post by kahlcolimon
JDraaijer wrote:I've found a bug when selecting 2 different non-drivable roads: Walking Trail and Pedestrian Boardwalk, I get the option in WME to change the segments to another road type instead of WT or PB.
2018-05-17 13_29_33-Waze Map Editor.png
I found the same problem. When 2 different types of walking trail are selected, the editor offers the possibility of changing the segments to road (no scripts, no extensions).
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Kahl Colimon
Waze Colombia Coordinator/Waze Global Champ
Country Manager/First Responder Member
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

https://s.waze.tools/gc.png

Post by kukimonsta-archive
BTStar wrote:
steveinark wrote:Noted a change in ESC behavior immediately this morning, since I use it constantly to "deselect" segments.

For instance, when selected [highlighted] segment(s) are edited and those actions saved, they remain "selected" -- that's good and how it has worked. Depending on my next desired map edit, previously a quick press of ESC "deselected" ALL segments.

Now, one must click "near" a segment, or actually select a new segment, to "deselect" the previous segments. This is all scripts off, incognito mode, Chrome.
This 8-)

Amazing how lost I am without the ESC function!
+2

Amazing that even without scripts, every new release of WME will introduce some kind of UI/UX bugs that were not supposed to happen. I usually don't bitch much about any new release, but this Esc thing is making WME very difficult to use...and slowing things down.

And who came out with the "brightest" idea about kinetic panning/scrolling? One of the worst WME features ever.
kukimonsta-archive
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
CM: Indonesia, Timor-Leste / Global Champ
iPhone 6s Plus | Waze Indonesia Wiki https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Indonesia

Post by lopaolo69
Today I cannot delete unneded junctions.
When I delete one, the SAVE button is not turning on.
When I delete one, together with a segment, the SAVE button is turning on but when I save the changes, I receive a generic error.
Is it happening only to me?

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Machete808
AlObaili wrote: Multi selecting segments using the M keyboard shortcut is broken (Tested without any scripts).
I can multiselect if I hold down the command key on a Mac keyboard. It's not really a toggle, though -- you have to hold it continuously, it seems.

Really want the M key back! :(
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by michanraichuu
"Rest area" is a good thing, especially now when the summer knocks on the door (sorry, southern hemisphere residents :D).
michanraichuu
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Aztek985 wrote:Roads are still loading slower than molasses (or not at all). No scripts.
Happening for me too at times. I just keep retrying and eventually it loads. Likely some back end issue that will hopefully resolve soon.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by steelpanz
3.CELL_PHONES_AND_ACCESSORIES updated to TELECOM
We created this for internal use, the keywords will not become search key words in the client.
The purpose is to find physical location of cellphone provider, you can map this if you want but the key word will not be searchable in the client.
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by steveinark
Noted a change in ESC behavior immediately this morning, since I use it constantly to "deselect" segments.

For instance, when selected [highlighted] segment(s) are edited and those actions saved, they remain "selected" -- that's good and how it has worked. Depending on my next desired map edit, previously a quick press of ESC "deselected" ALL segments.

Now, one must click "near" a segment, or actually select a new segment, to "deselect" the previous segments. This is all scripts off, incognito mode, Chrome.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by Vestigal
Pressing ESC no longer releases segment/place focus.
Introduced a bunch of UI glitches, like previously existing segments "ghosting" over the top of the normal UI, and older segments are selectable even though they've been deleted saves ago.
Vestigal
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Last edited by Vestigal on Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Vestigal (6), Country Coordinator, Local Champ, Australian Editing Community
Kurt
44,000km driven with Waze | 4280 UR's Resolved | 12,319,214 km² Managed Area
-
Join us in the Waze Australia Discord Server.