Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update Released - 1.02.10

Bug Fixes:
Parking Space Estimator - Switching between angled & 90 degree measurements was not correctly adding to the total in each mode.

Feature:
Adding in Map Comment geometry adjustment handles
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Not sure how I feel about this RPP nudge thing. This sort of nonsense stuff we have to do because WME quite simply is poorly designed and maintained is tiresome.

While I understand the workaround (and bow in admiration to the guys who figured out the problem, kudos!), it is creating additional work even with the fix.

When I add RPPs with PIE, I absolutely LOVE that it picks up street and city info automatically, but that only works if the desired street is the closest one. Except the whole point of RPP is that, more often than not, the closest segment isn't the one you want auto-filled for. What I used to do was make the RPP next to the desired street, then drag it to the right spot, and then move the target from there to the nav point.

With this change, to take advantage of auto-fill, you have to create, drag, then go back and drag the navpoint over as well instead of having it right there with you.

Is this auto-nudge something that maybe can be a toggle to enable/disable? Enabled by default but able to be disabled by those of us who understand what it means and who know we need to move the nav point manually? Or would this leave too big a hole for noob damage?

Lest it otherwise be unsaid, I LOVE THIS SCRIPT. Thank you.
This helps more editors (especially those that don't know it is a problem) than it is problematic for (been meaning to add this for almost two months...sorry I didn't annoy you guys sooner with this ;) ). There will be an option to link the nav point to the RPP soon (sorry, focusing on Magic development for the time being...trying to get back to PIE when I can). With that said, creating the nav point is not something that will be toggleable but the nav point linking will negate the need to make a toggle.

Creating a HUD when selecting a Place was on my TODO list and I was going to wait to add the linking until that was finished, but I don't have the time for the HUD right now so I am planning on just adding the linking. I just finished a couple of improvements in Magic so I will try to get to this today (or at least get a jump on it this week) unless some other Magic issues are raised (I want to get a production build out today or tomorrow).
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.11

Added nav point linking to point places.

All point Places will have the chain icon above the categories list. Enabling the "Link nav point" option will default this to on. If you have the unbroken link, the navigation point will not be moved when the point Place is moved. If you click on the chain it will toggle between the two states, but de-selecting this Place and selecting another Place will revert to the script's default setting of "Link nav point".
Screenshot - 2017-08-15 , 12_25_10 PM.png
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 779 times
Screenshot - 2017-08-15 , 12_25_32 PM.png
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 776 times
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released 1.02.17

External providers link hidden for <= R2
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
There was an issue where it was hiding from everyone...this is fixed. Sorry! I someone goofed copying from tampermonkey to greasyfork to publish.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 1.02.20

Shortcut (ctrl+shift+a) added to toggle hiding/displaying area places (thanks tonestertm for the suggestion!)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Hey all!

I just saw that PIE has passed 1k installs! Thank you everyone that has helped turn my little script to my fix Place annoyances into something so widely used and has grown to help with so much :)

Keep the suggestions coming, I love to hear them!
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RussPA wrote:Yes it is a great script which solves many annoying issues and makes editing easier! Unfortunately, changes in the latest beta broke some of the PIE functions.
Yes, the beta just came out this morning. Be patient :)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
The recent beta changes will break the closest segment (hover and select) functionality. I won't have time today to work on it but will hopefully get to it tomorrow.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RussPA wrote:There is also the alt-R shortcut for creating an RPP, it just gives a blank details window. This is a function I use often. Thanks
Yeah, that'll be fixed with the closest segment stuff.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message