These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Feature request: Lookup nearby Wazers

Post by BrutusNL
It would be sweet to have an option to lookup nearby Wazers. When driving, my map is kindof zoomed in and looking to see if there are any other Wazers in the area takes a lot of zooming in and out. Would be nice if there was an option to see a list of the closest, say 10, Wazers and how far away they are.
BrutusNL

POSTER_ID:118908

Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
khaytsus wrote:I'd love to see something similar, but "friends",where you can easily find people you know. There would clearly need to be some cross-validation on the friends, but once that's done if both of you are on the road, perhaps you can see the other person with higher accuracy (probably not real time but faster than every few minutes), perhaps see the last place they were, etc?
Excellent addition. I just thought this when I was driving this afternoon. Would be cool to have a friendlist, be able to look up friends, see where they are, maybe even be notified if they are in the area and what about being able to msg them directly? Could work the same as comments (which are notified to the original reporter), only then the only one seeing it would be your friend.
How this could work? I get notified my friend is nearby, I send him a comment to meet me somewhere, I can set a 'follow friend' (so the map stays centered around my friend) and I can see exactly where he is (or maybe even his ETA). Wow, wouldn't that be the maximum example of social GPS network???
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
I'd love to see something similar, but "friends",where you can easily find people you know. There would clearly need to be some cross-validation on the friends, but once that's done if both of you are on the road, perhaps you can see the other person with higher accuracy (probably not real time but faster than every few minutes), perhaps see the last place they were, etc?
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by support
Thanks for the ideas,

i forward to the team development .

Best Regards,
Waze Support-Team