Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by islupepa
islupepa wrote:After the problem with the international routing servers (see http://status.waze.com/routing-not-work ... ternationa), I got ETAs that were significantly lower (36 minutes compared to 43 minutes).
Yesterday, in the afternooon, the ETA suddenly increased to 46 minutes. Again I, thought that the problem was fixed. Late at night and also this morning, I saw that the ETA still was 46 minutes. So false alarm once again.
I can't understand how the ETA can drop and increase like this all of a sudden. Still no significant difference during the rush hour and other time points during the whole day.
islupepa
Send a message
Motorola Defy, Android 2.2.2, Waze 3.6.0.0

Post by islupepa
krankyd wrote:we've found an issue on world.waze.com that could explain this behavior - same issue that we thought was already solved.
We'll work on a fix, and will update you once uploaded to the system.
Sounds great!
Thank you krankyd!
If it will help you with something, I now get both results within the same minute (i.e. 46 minutes vs. 35 minutes, for the same route). Maybe this is the same reason that Waze will ignore traffic and sometimes re-route you?!?)
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
krankyd wrote:we've found an issue on world.waze.com that could explain this behavior - same issue that we thought was already solved.
We'll work on a fix, and will update you once uploaded to the system.
Two weeks has passed by and no update has been posted!
If you have uploaded "a fix" and just forgot to post this here, I just want to inform you that this is still a problem. Nothing has changed!
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
CBenson wrote:For what its worth, I can say that I submitted a request to support regarding the similar issues raised here. In the past couple of days, I received response stating that it is a known issue and they're waiting for a server upgrae to fix it.
I read a post yesterday in another thread where someone wrote that the Waze team thought that the traffic re-routing issue was solved and since they haven't written anything about this in the link you mentioned, I was affraid that they thought that they had fixed this problem too and forgot to update the status in the thread.
The waze team are not so comunicative! You never know if they are aware of the issues or not or if things have got solved!
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
persunde wrote: Is there any news on this at all?
I also wonder if there are any news! Still not working!
Waze calculates with daily averages, soo you can actually see a difference between a sunday and a monday.
However, you can not see any differences between peak hours or in the middle of the night within the same day.
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
islupepa wrote: I also wonder if there are any news! Still not working!
Waze calculates with daily averages, soo you can actually see a difference between a sunday and a monday.
However, you can not see any differences between peak hours or in the middle of the night within the same day.
Too quick to judge! Sorry!
Since we didn't receive any post that it was fixed, I assumed that it wasn't!
I have verified it and I seems to work again:)
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
It seems like something has happened with the calculation of the ETAs.
Saturaday and sundays should be the days with lowest ETAs. It has changed to sundays and mondays. So monday is the day with lowest ETAs now!! The ETAs are not matching the week days!!
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
islupepa wrote:It seems like something has happened with the calculation of the ETAs.
Saturaday and sundays should be the days with lowest ETAs. It has changed to sundays and mondays. So monday is the day with lowest ETAs now!! The ETAs are not matching the week days!!
Still not corrected!!
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
guri211 wrote:ETAs are totally out of average reality. It looks like Waze routing server is ignoring day of week.
Thank you guri211 for backing me up!
This is the third week with this problem!
It looks like the problem in Brazil is a little bit different!
You actually get different ETAs depending on week day, but the ETAs I get on Sundays are the ones I should get on Saturdays and the ETAs I get on Mondays are the ones I should get on Sundays.
This also means that Waze is predicting bad traffic on Saturday mornings.
Think it looks like that the whole week but it is easier to see this behaviour on weekends.
islupepa
Send a message

Post by islupepa
xteejx wrote:This may sound like a stupid question, but are there many Wazers in Brazil or Slovakia? Waze can't give a correct eta if it doesn't have enough traffic data for those times.
As guri211 said, it was working three weeks ago!
I can only say that there are many users in São Paulo. Don't know how guri211 estimates the number of users in his city?!
islupepa
Send a message