Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
Drag this node around and you will see the "overlapping"
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... =510365074
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I 100% agree with iainhouse

I will add to it that there is absolutely no requirement that you use a script if you don't like a particular feature or addition.

We should all greatly appreciate all the efforts that every volunteer script writer puts in, whether or not a script or feature is for you.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
iainhouse wrote:I seem to recall that this is actually the case in some places in the US. I believe it was discussed during the introduction of the unpaved attribute.
That is correct, it is not out of the possibility for there to be an unpaved mH, MH, or FWY. Not as likely for FWY.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
dbcm wrote:
jonv-uk wrote:As the vehicle types Trucks, Buses, HOV, RV, Towing & Hazardous have been depriciated have you considered adding a highlight for segments that still have these vehicle types present in Restrictions & Time Based Restriction?
What would be the interest of that?
To remove that information from WME?

Can you share a PL where that information is still available on WME? Can you delete it?
I don't have a PL but I just had this the other day. Segment still showed a restriction on it and when I looked at the restriction it was for Trucks. Yes, I was able to delete the restriction with no issue.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Harmonious4 wrote:For the first PL, yes the segment should indeed be locked at 5. For a rank 5 or 6 editor it should be highlighted, but a rank 4 editor like me is not able to lock it to 5. Since it's already locked as high as I can manage, it should no longer be highlighted for me, just the same as how segments with other errors are not highlighted if they are locked above your rank.
I would think that the highlighting any segment locked below the lock standards is still a good thing. It brings low lock to your attention so you can pass on to someone who can lock it. Otherwise, it will just be overlooked and not seen until the proper rank happens to come across it..
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
juliansean wrote:In the South Central Region of the US we allow SL’s if the entrance and exit speed limit are the same.

Magic already flags “no speed limit” on PR and speed limits are not required on PR’s in the SCR.
And some ramps can be as high 120 kph +
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by jm6087 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ehepner1977 wrote:
juliansean wrote:In the South Central Region of the US we allow SL’s if the entrance and exit speed limit are the same.
The question isn't whether there is a speed limit, it's whether it's set faster than 80 km/HR. Without doing the conversion, I'm guessing your rule would break the upper limit.
We could have FWY to FWY ramps that are 75 mph, which is well over 80 kph
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
g1220k wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:20 pm Hi,
I think that the latest WME Update and the change of the zoom levels causes problems in Magic.
I can't get serveral detections like unneeded junctions, missing speedlimit and so on.

Can someone confim this problem?

I have not seen any reports that Magic has been updated since the zoom changes.  Until it is updated, any function that uses zoom will probably not work correctly.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
MohamadEB wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm Hi
Why magic colors do not appear on the map?

As stated a couple posts up
jm6087
I have not seen any reports that Magic has been updated since the zoom changes.  Until it is updated, any function that uses zoom will probably not work correctly.

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
sledzik1984 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:38 pm It's almost 2024 and script is still broken... I think that the "fix" update will not come :(

You are welcome to think what you want to, it doesn't make it true.  :mrgreen:

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ