Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by MapOMatic
Thanks for the heads up. I've removed that option from the latest version.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Is there any hope for the Add Alt City enhancement request? Mailing address we can send bribes to? :D
Thanks for the suggestion! This has been added in version 2018.05.04.001. On the CS settings page, there is an option under the "TIME SAVERS" section where you can disable this feature if you don't need it.

Note: as of today, there's still a bug in WME where the primary city's "None" checkbox will uncheck itself whenever you make an edit to the alternate address's city. That has nothing to do with ClickSaver, and unfortunately I couldn't find a simple way to fix it in code.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
WazingArch wrote:Can you make “Add alt city” off by default as our community is not sure yet how to use alt cities.
I have to agree with dspille's comments -- I don't see the harm in a feature that makes it a little faster to do something that any user can already do. If people are using it inappropriately, they need to be educated, not make the feature harder for everyone else to discover.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
bedo2991 wrote:A suggestion for a feature:
Parking Lots: could you please hide the "payment types" section when "Free" is selected in the dropdown? That would minimize scrolling for reaching the services and other attributes down below.
I talked it over with Justin and we think this might be a better fit for PIE. Also, the "Space Saver" features I added to CS a while back would probably be better suited to WMEFU (assuming Iain agrees and is willing to add them).

There's some overlap in scope / functionality between these scripts, so it's not always clear that a particular feature definitely belongs in only one. My goal (from now on) is to limit the scope of ClickSaver to features that actually reduce the number of clicks it takes to accomplish a task, but only if they don't make more sense in another script, or the author can't or won't implement them. I think of ClickSaver as kind of the "catch all" for time-saving features that don't make it into another script. ;)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Great! The features I was thinking about moving to WMEFU are simple inline things that help to squeeze more on the screen (for those that prefer it):
2018-05-10_22h42_38.png
(24.77 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
2018-05-10_22h40_07.png
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
These lists (and maybe more?) could benefit from the same treatment:
2018-05-10_22h48_17.png
(18.65 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
The functions I had written to do the manipulation:

Code: Select all

function inlineRoadTypeCheckboxes() {
            // TODO - move styling to css.
            let $div = $('<div>',{style:'font-size:11px;display:inline-block;'});
            ['tollRoadCheck', 'unpavedCheckbox', 'tunnelCheckbox', 'headlightsCheckbox', 'nearbyHOVCheckbox'].forEach(function(id) {
                $('label[for="' + id + '"]').css({paddingLeft:'20px'});
                $('#' + id).parent().css({float:'left',marginRight:'4px'}).detach().appendTo($div);
            });
            $(_roadTypeDropDownSelector).after($div);
        }

function inlineParkingCheckboxes() {
            let css = {display: 'inline-block', marginRight: '5px'};
            let $div = $('<div>');
            $('i.parkingType-tooltip').after($div);
            $('div.parking-type-option').appendTo($div).css(css);

$div = $('<div>');
            $('div.payment-checkbox').parent().append($div);
            $('div.payment-checkbox').appendTo($div).css(css);
        }
...though I admit I was still pretty new to JS and DOM manipulation when I wrote those, so it won't hurt my feelings if you throw them out and start from scratch ;)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Looks great!
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Thanks for the heads up. It was a really easy fix :D
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
russblau wrote:I unset the Show "Add Alt City" button option in the CS tab, but the button is still showing up.
Thanks for the heads up. That should be fixed in v2018.05.19.001
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
bz2012 wrote:A new PLR didn't have the no-name box checked when I created it this morning, despite having the "Set Street/City to None (new PLR only)" box checked.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Update: both of these issues appear to be due to a WME bug. The segment address field in the edit panel isn't updating when the underlying data model changes. You can see the same thing when you click Undo/Redo after changing a segment address property. Nothing appears to change until you deselect and reselect the segment(s). I've reported this as a WME bug, so hopefully it gets fixed soon. Until then, we'll just have to remember that the changes are being made behind the scenes, but we have to deselect/reselect to see them.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message