The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

What is causing this turn instruction?

Post by Tarpon_907
This section of road has two update requests over the last few months for "turn not allowed." Each has an erroneous turn instruction in the same spot. One update request was for a westbound user, instructed to turn left, and the other was for an eastbound user, instructed to turn right. There is no road for them to turn onto.

Any idea what is causing this?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
Tarpon_907

POSTER_ID:7461617

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Looks like corrupted junctions. Disconnect the side-streets, delete the junctions. Save. Then reconnect the side streets.

Not sure how a highway just "ends" at a spot not an intersection. Roadways rarely turn from highway to street without intersecting another highway or primary street. That looks suspicious.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gettingthere
trathkopf wrote:It's not really a highway. It's a road named "Hwy" and it was given the highway designation with the original map import.
Sounds like a good opportunity to correct the road classification.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by Tarpon_907
It's not really a highway. It's a road named "Hwy" and it was given the highway designation with the original map import.

I found another "highway" yesterday that I fixed. It was a short stretch of road on the side of a mountain called "Mile Hwy," and designated a minor highway. In intersected a road called "Mile Hi Ave." Further investigation revealed that its actual name was "Mile Hi Way."
Tarpon_907
Send a message

Post by Tarpon_907
Yep. I'm doing that, too. I was trying to figure out the cause of the bad instruction before I made any changes.
Tarpon_907
Send a message

Post by Timbones
It might be necessary to disconnect all the segments from the junction (so that it disappears), and then reconnect them again (to make a new one).
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by TonyG-UK
Check there aren't any geometry points right near the ends of these roads.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK