Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Updated to new MediaWiki version 1.29

Post by WonderLerm
Hi Everyone,

We've done an update to MediaWiki version 1.29 (yay! :D :D :D )

Here is what you can expect, and some known issues:
  • All the wikis are checked and working
    Captcha present on login page
    Many fixes related to 1.29 are now on air. Will post a list of what should have been fixed in this thread tomorrow
Some known issues that we are going to deal with ASAP:
  • InterWiki links inside wazeopedia are not working. We seem to have disabled it, and are working towards a fix. The result is some broken links in sidebar and in content, and possibly some missing templates.
    Server speed - the wiki tends to be slower than usual. We are researching why, report if you also experience this.
    There are some issue with cookies making the wiki not load in some cases, probably a server or load balancer related. To resolve this, clean your cookies and it should fix itself.
    File repo is inconsistent. Some images are not showing up while other are. Seems that it is either a server or MediaWiki issues. We are checking in how to resolve it.
I know we've been waiting a while for this update, so please poke around and hopefully you notice some improvements with your reported issues. If so, please let me know so that I can resolve the bugs on our end.

Thanks for your patience and will update on the resolved and known issues ASAP.

Best,
Karen
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:16967624

Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
Hey Kent,

Yes, here is what I have so far:
  • missing files (fixed)
    interwiki links (fixed)
    Responsive Skin Design (fixed)
    Notification Selection Issue (fixed)
    Radio Buttons Missing (fixed)
    Translation extension (fixed in staging, but not in production - working towards a fix)
I've asked the devs to go through our previous bug list and let me know what else has been updated and will report here when I have more. :D

Thanks!
K
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by WonderLerm
kamonu wrote:Page history is damaged. It now looks as if the Benelux wiki was written by Orbitc, BenandJerry, .... Familiar names but not really the editor of the Benelux wiki :?
Thanks Kamnou - I've reported this to the devs.
WonderLerm
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Here is a problem where an image sometimes shows up and sometimes does not
https://i.imgur.com/156LCoVl.png
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Road_types#Unpaved_check_box_50px

At the moment, it is showing up again.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Hi Karen and thanks for the updates.

I really appreciate the fixes to the skin allowing version selection in the history pages and when undeleting deleted revisions (this is actually a really important feature for preserving revision history when several people have worked on a draft version that is then merged with the "live" version).

Here are some things which are broken:
THINGS WHICH MAKE THE WAZEOPEDIA UNUSABLE:
* File upload fails. Every image is refused with the message
The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 2)
* WYSIWYG editor fails with the message:
Error loading data from server: apierror-visualeditor-docserver-http-error: (curl error: 7) Couldn't connect to server. Would you like to retry?
THINGS WHICH MAKE THE WAZEOPEDIA DIFFICULT TO USE:
* Widgets - the iframe widget we use for displaying google sheets. Is the Widget extension broken, or is a change needed to the widget templates?
* Frequent 502 errors when visiting pages and Files in Wazeopedia USA

As always, thanks for helping us put the problems in front of the team working on them.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by thahakmms
Hello.

Let me know if your required any server side help for Waze.
thahakmms
Send a message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thahakmms
L2 Map Editor - Kerala & Tamil Nadu
Area Manager - Kerala
India

Post by subs5
I am still getting 502 errors when editing a wazeopedia page and having pictures not showing even though the upload file page shows it did upload.

This has been corrected on 7/21/18..
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message
Last edited by subs5 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by subs5
Ok still getting 502 errors but the change appears to go through about 50% of the time.

Pictures are intermittently showing. See them and the next time reload page they are missing. So will wait to upload all the new pictures till can see how they look to make sure correct resolution.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
WonderLerm wrote:Hi Everyone,

• Page History is wrong - Fixed now However, this affected a very small number of edits taken at the time of the migration. Should no longer be an issue. It will be a long process to fix, so if we can live with what was done and continue on, that would be ideal. If there is anything problematic, PM me to let me know.
    Slow Saving, trying and retrying to get a page preview + Frequent 502 errors when visiting pages and Files in Wazeopedia USA - - Devs checking server health issues

File Uploads fail, every one receives this message: The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 2) - should be fixed now.

As usual, will update when I have more to share :)
Karen

I am still gettting 502 errors when trying to make a change to text on a wazeopedia page.

I don't get the virus message when uploading a picture, but it does not go through either. Now it gives the 502 error page.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by orbitc
Thanks for the update Karen.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England