These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ceaf77d8b85742f0bac8412d937c4def
CARPOOL REMINDER IS VERY ANNOYING!!!!!
It is dangerous as it pops up when the app is most needed and blocks the navigational function
ceaf77d8b85742f0bac8412d937c4def
Send a message

Post by crm17
jm6087 wrote:
philklingelhofer wrote:How about it? I really don’t want this blocking my screen
I am not sure what you are referring to. The "carpool reminders" don't block the screen while driving. The only time that they may show up is when you are at zero speed, which will still happen with other ads if not the carpool reminder.
I often hit the thumbs up to thank someone, while moving, and it opens the car pool full screen.

I cannot tell you strongly enough how much I love Waze in general but HATE this car pool nonsense.

I have stopped recommending Waze to others because of it.
crm17
Send a message

Post by cryptoengineer
Let me add my name to the long, long list of people who want this to just Go Away.

There are a *lot* of people who don't carpool, and will never do so. Nagging them daily, several times within a few minutes, is not going to change their minds.

Its a dangerous distraction when driving, and who is going to ask for a carpool when they're already
driving?

For the love of God and safety, put a Carpool: On/Off switch in the Settings, PLEASE!
cryptoengineer
Send a message

Post by DadintheHouse
And yet, two years on it's still happening.
DadintheHouse
Send a message

Post by DareDiesel
I second this request!!!! I use Waze for personal navigation but as I work from home will never use it's carpool feature. Please tell me how to disable the reminders or the feature completely.
DareDiesel
Send a message

Post by DblD022
The issue is that anytime you touch the right side of the screen a popup cover 60% of the screen. I would gues that less than 25% of users have a need for carpool junk. If there is not a way to disable this junk I'll abandon Waze like a lot of others have.
DblD022
Send a message

Post by DblD022
It's the slide in that's the problem. With the vehicle bouncing around it's difficult to not cause it to pop "slide over". Make carpool a toggle in set-up somewhere.
DblD022
Send a message

Post by DeWayneKuhn
This 'feature' had become so annoying that I stopped using Waze completely. Now only using Google Maps.

So Waze lost all advertising revenue from me for this silly distraction that cannot be disabled.
DeWayneKuhn
Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Any advertisements that pop up while you are idle in traffic should now disappear once you're moving again or you can simply swipe upwards to dismiss it.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by DorianoRossiItalia
I just deleted all (six?) car pool notifications. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD!!!
DorianoRossiItalia
Send a message