Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

Trajectory control

Post by world_fivtlvf7
Is Waze capable of registering trajectory controls and give notifications when exceeding average speed?
Belgium is getting full with these controls
world_fivtlvf7

POSTER_ID:17528381

Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

If, and only if, you are navigating a route and you enter one of these "average speed zones" Waze sometimes will display the average speed zone "marker" (a line to the left of screen with an arrowhead to display your progress through the zone) so you will know roughly your progress.
I am not sure whether the marker will change colour if you are exceeding the speed/time limit for the zone as I have not tried that one (cameras in the Uk are now both average speed and spot speed limit so either way you'll get a ticket!) so might be worth putting the question to the Devs. Also, as mentioned, this display does not always show up - whether it is dependent on the length or some other factor I don't know.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

My phone is always in portrait.
The line and arrow show your position in the zone.
It shows as green - suggesting I am within the speed for the zone?
Does it change from green to red if you are too fast?

It is sort of academic in the Uk as many of the cameras are dual types which calculate both average speed and spot speed cameras.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by RokketCD
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

If, and only if, you are navigating a route and you enter one of these "average speed zones" Waze sometimes will display the average speed zone "marker" (a line to the left of screen with an arrowhead to display your progress through the zone) so you will know roughly your progress.
I am not sure whether the marker will change colour if you are exceeding the speed/time limit for the zone as I have not tried that one (cameras in the Uk are now both average speed and spot speed limit so either way you'll get a ticket!) so might be worth putting the question to the Devs. Also, as mentioned, this display does not always show up - whether it is dependent on the length or some other factor I don't know.

Des. . . ;)
This marker indicates where you are in the traject control. It has nothing to do with your average speed. ;)
Also, this marker is only visible when your phone is in portrait mode and not in landscape mode.
RokketCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RokketCD
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

My phone is always in portrait.
The line and arrow show your position in the zone.
It shows as green - suggesting I am within the speed for the zone?
Does it change from green to red if you are too fast?

It is sort of academic in the Uk as many of the cameras are dual types which calculate both average speed and spot speed cameras.

Des. . . ;)
From what I've heard, the marker only indicates where you are in the zone and not your average speed.
RokketCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by stefaanschroeyers
No, at this moment there's no average speed calculation on screen. You'll get a notification when exceeding the speed limit, just like on any other roads.
stefaanschroeyers
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message