Points vs. Cookie eater points?

Post by Lemon
Can someone explain the difference between regular points and waze cookie eater points?
Lemon

POSTER_ID:9461

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by gibby71
link to full point list

Road munching = 1 point for every 100 meters
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by macneo
waze cookie points are the ones you get from driving on new roads (your car becomes a pacman and eats points along the road).
the general points are the sum of cookie points + all other "rewarded" activities (alerts, map editing…)
macneo
Send a message

Post by model6
Anyone have issues where the iPhone app and website points never correspond. Or better yet, have their cookie eater points never show up on the website? I think the total points on the website include the cookie eater points, but the cookie eaters line item is blank. My iPhone points total has not matched the website for the week I have been using the app.
model6
Send a message

Post by rhydabus
I started a topic about this over in "Newcomers and General Discussion" a few days, but it seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the forum. I've still got some questions.

If
the general points are the sum of cookie points + all other "rewarded" activities (alerts, map editing…)
, then why are the points at the top of My Dashboard less than my cookie eater points. And why are they so much greater than the total points that show in my app even though my rank appears to be the same in both places.

From My Dashboard:
Picture 1.png
(31.89 KiB) Downloaded 2891 times
From my iPhone app:
IMG_0311.PNG
My iPhone app
(80.71 KiB) Downloaded 2903 times
rhydabus
Send a message
Boulder, CO, USA
iPhone 3GS

Post by sketch
The "cookie eater points" do not relate directly to the total points—i.e., it's not a one-to-one translation. For instance, I have 1527120 cookie eater points, but my point total is only 65000.

As for the discrepancy between the client and the dashboard, there is some sort of bug with the synchronisation between the two; the dashboard is correct, the client's point total is not updating.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!