Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Gotcha.

Ya, I mentioned it a couple of days ago. I haven't seen it discussed before.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
"Known issue" as in I'm sure berestovskyy is aware that it was one of the functions broken.

Agreed.
Toolbox can reveal Revcons, that was nice when it was fixed, but improperly set turn restrictions are a big problem. We've also had a rash of new editors and they often are not setting turn restrictions properly, but if the segments are clean enough to not display on the Validator report, more experienced editors often miss them until the URs come in.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
Last edited by taco909 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Rich

Post by taco909
CBenson wrote:They are highlighting for me here.
Ditto.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SiewMeng98 wrote:The new version of the Validator when used for checking large areas - it stops and we have to press the report button and the play again to continue. Before this we did not need to. Is there any limitations to the number of segments built in or any zoom level where it would work optimally without having 3 or 4 breaks.
It's always been like this... at least since June.

For this reason, I generally don't run it at zoom-0, but it works just fine if you work the report, then continue.

As long as you aren't using Chrome ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I've been getting that issue off and on ever since the big WME update that broke just about every tool we have.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I think I mentioned this before, but may have mentioned it in the WMECH thread instead of here.

One-Way/Toll are currently grouped into one section on the report, even though WMECH has different highlights for each.

This makes auditing for inappropriate toll roads (and we find them all over the place) impractical to do with Validator because of the massive number of one-way and split roads on the map.

Is there a way to split "Toll road" into its own section?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
berestovskyy wrote:06.01.2015 v1.1.5:
- Temporary disabled #36, 37 (Unneded node A/B)
????

Is this because of the false reports on normal segments, or is there some other reason for that?
I find these all the time when new editors have decided that their new PLR perhaps wasn't the best idea.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
BellHouse wrote:
taco909 wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:06.01.2015 v1.1.5:
- Temporary disabled #36, 37 (Unneded node A/B)
????

Is this because of the false reports on normal segments, or is there some other reason for that?
I find these all the time when new editors have decided that their new PLR perhaps wasn't the best idea.
I guess so. If I now enable these checks there are a lot more false positives than before.
I did notice that it was beginning to show up in the actual reports, where before they would show on screen but not appear when a report scan was run.
After the last WME update, it seemed that this was happening when only one node appeared on screen when following the PL in the report.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
MGODLEW wrote:REQUEST:I would like to request the capability for validator to report one way roads that are connected only by 1 junction. 99% of the time these roads are obviously not a one way if there is only one way onto them.
Thanks.
We used to have this with the "No inward/outward connectivity of a driveable road" warning flag.
We lost it with the WME update back in July or August that "broke" JNF and Toolbox.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
serega_12 wrote:Running Validator scan doesn't show "undetermined road direction" anymore. Is there a way to get that back somehow or did I turn something off without realizing it?
Check Highlights... it should still work.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich