The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

how r point calculated

Post by
i just want to know how the points work
if i put in a st8 rd i get 1.5 points
if i put in a rd with many turns 1.5 pr bend in rd and conect it to another rd 1.5 points and do turn arrows 1.5 for each is this the corect method in earning points .

thanks in advance

POSTER_ID:6966559

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
payday4me wrote:So I will not look at the amount of edits that is shown on top of page as this number has no relation to the points
That's exactly correct. And, crap!, I would have sworn this was documented in the wiki somewhere, but I am unable to find it now. Though, if you search the forum for "points edits changes" you'll find a few relevant threads with this bit of info on the first search result page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bozwell
Yes it does to a point - http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Your_Rank_and_Points

Editing the map = 1.5 points per edit. So you would get 1.5 points for each of those edits.

That said, I have often wondered if I enable all junction directions at once if that counts as 1.5 in total or 1.5 per arrow on that junction. Also I suspect that if you move the shape of a road several times then save I only get 1.5 points no matter how many bits of it are move, but if I saved between each move I'd get 1.5 each time.
bozwell
Send a message

Post by dknight212
xteejx wrote:If you're going to edit please read the wiki before doing so. I'm guessing from your colloquial writing style that you are in the South East of England?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Do we have st8 roads?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Ah of course, silly me!

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Of course it should then have been str8! #txtgrammarnazi

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
If you're going to edit please read the wiki before doing so. I'm guessing from your colloquial writing style that you are in the South East of England?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Read it as straight roads as opposed to bendy ones as above ;-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
;-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
This was stopped because we told Waze how people were cheating. Moving things around for points no longer works but you're welcome to waste time trying hehe :-P
Yes though 1.5 points per road edit. Junctions probably 6 if all roads were QW'd I suppose but as above there's a time frame of like half an hour before you'll get points for that same bit again.
If you're just after points, don't edit. You might not be and I don't want to put you off but many just do it for points and not for the good of the community which is sad.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Indeed. Completely agree with the above. If you're a real editor, please read the wiki, ask questions and welcome aboard. Please note, editing can be strangely addictive ;-)

floppyrod84
Send a message