These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Post by ascrounch
Waze and Oneplus 6 are not working , i'm from France.

There's a problem with Oneplus devices...
ascrounch
Send a message

Post by aullate2508
Me too.

Barcelona, OP5T, Android 8.1.0, Waze 4.42.0.5
aullate2508
Send a message

Post by aullate2508
aullate2508 wrote:Me too.

Barcelona, OP5T, Android 8.1.0, Waze 4.42.0.5
Battery optimization option works for me
aullate2508
Send a message

Post by AzaSaam
Hi, have 3 different OnePlus devices and have the same problem
AzaSaam
Send a message

Post by barilari
Same problem here in Chile. Yesterday on the morning Waze worked fine. By 3pm GPS on Waze stopped working. I'm using an OnePlus 6
barilari
Send a message

Post by basdejongsupah
Oneplus 6 here. Since 2 days no GPS anymore with waze. Other apps are working fine...
basdejongsupah
Send a message

Post by Bater1
Same here - OP5 user from Israel, Waze cannot engage the GPS but all other GPS applications work fine.
Bater1
Send a message

Post by binoSunny4
Same here with 1+6 from Portugal.
The issue happened while driving and on Android Auto. Switched to google maps and it worked fine.

Did a lot of troubleshoot on the App Waze, but not getting better. All other apps using GPS normally.
Very disappointed with the response from both waze and OnePlus since the issue has more than 24 hours and there is no official communication and now I'm discovering on all the support foruns that this is not the first time is happened.
binoSunny4
Send a message

Post by binoSunny4
The Battery Advanced Optimization worked for me on the OnePlus6.
But it seems it works only if I use the phone solely. When I tried to use Waze on Android Auto, it started but then hang and stopped working. I was unable to open Spotify or Google Maps on Android Auto. Then I stopped the car and changed back the "Battery Advanced Optimization" and, obviously, Waze stopped getting GPS signal again, but all Android Auto apps working fine. So, I must conclude that the Battery Advanced Optimization on the phone does not allow all the background process required by Android Auto to run. For now I just have to use Google maps waiting for the Waze fix for this issue.
But, for those that do not use Android Auto, the battery Advanced Optimization may be an acceptable temporary workaround.
binoSunny4
Send a message