These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by blueskiesnh2o
Same thing happening here. I have a OnePlus 6, Waze is the only GPS app that is not working. Waze is working fine on a Nexus 6P & 5X.
blueskiesnh2o
Send a message

Post by Boris1980
wdcode wrote:
vince1612 wrote: @EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?
HI everyone!
This trick do the job for me and waze connect to the GPS ^^
Worked great on my 5T! :D
Boris1980
Send a message

Post by bvado
vince1612 wrote: @EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?
@vince1612 Sadly, this does not work for me. OP5, Android 8.1.0, OxygenOS 5.1.4 (Security patch level of 1 july 2018). Tried all combinations of Battery optimisation (on,off for waze) and advanced battery optimisation (on,off). None of them brought back the GPS signal for Waze...

Edit: After several reports of users with the same device and OS, I tried to reboot my device.
Configuration is now:
  • Waze is NOT battery optimised
  • Advanced optimisation is ON
And indeed, after reboot, Waze got back its GPS fix.

Since I don't want that advanced optimisation being enabled, I tried the following:
  • Waze is NOT battery optimised
  • Advanced optimisation is OFF
That seemed to work for a moment: Waze got its GPS fix but lost it after ten seconds.

For a moment, it looked like it was indeed the work-around: to enable Advanced optimisation and reboot the device...

Edit 2 ... however, it still doesn't work. After several seconds, Waze looses its signal again. Might be related to the fact that I'm using it in combination with Android Auto but for me, the work around doesn't work... :(
bvado
Send a message
Last edited by bvado on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by bvado
vince1612 wrote:@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
See screenshot.
Sadly, I had to update my previous post: the Advanced Battery work-around doesn't work for me after a few seconds/minutes. It might be related to Android Auto as I'm using Waze in combination with Android Auto...
bvado
Send a message

Post by CeylonZac
Malaysia ; OnePLUS 5T not working since Tuesday
CeylonZac
Send a message

Post by CeylonZac
binoSunny4 wrote:The Battery Advanced Optimization worked for me on the OnePlus6.
But it seems it works only if I use the phone solely. When I tried to use Waze on Android Auto, it started but then hang and stopped working. I was unable to open Spotify or Google Maps on Android Auto. Then I stopped the car and changed back the "Battery Advanced Optimization" and, obviously, Waze stopped getting GPS signal again, but all Android Auto apps working fine. So, I must conclude that the Battery Advanced Optimization on the phone does not allow all the background process required by Android Auto to run. For now I just have to use Google maps waiting for the Waze fix for this issue.
But, for those that do not use Android Auto, the battery Advanced Optimization may be an acceptable temporary workaround.
not worked for me ..
Malaysia
One plus 55
CeylonZac
Send a message

Post by cizo2000
Hello, I have OP5 and issue started yesterday for me. If I reinstalled Waze several times and if I didn't login to it, it locked to GPS for 1-2 seconds and then disconnected and crashed. Afterwards even when I logged in or not, GPS was not working. GPS Status shows dozen of satellites and position fixed. Google maps work as well.
cizo2000
Send a message

Post by cytzik
The battery optimization will work on part of the phones. The problem is the kink between the GPS module and the app (in the last version) the options are: wait for Waze new release, or to downgrade to an older version (before Aug 20). Good luck
cytzik
Send a message

Post by Dans489
Please help! Waze won't connect to GPS, rendering it useless. I tried all the fixes on the Waze help page plus all others found on the web. Reinstalled Waze. Reboot. Hard reboot. Clear cache. GPS fix. All other GPS apps work fine. Affecting OnePlus 3, 5, & 6. Problem began sometime between 2-9 am EST. I'm in Israel, other countries also reporting same problem. Waze on my daughter's Samsung Galaxy S8 works fine.
Dans489
Send a message

Post by darumkeufte
Same problem here.
Most of the time no gps, after gsm restart mostly ok.

Belgium,oneplus 5t, waze 4.50.1.1
darumkeufte
Send a message