These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mijarro
Same here...OnePlus 6 in Costa Rica. Suddenly lost GPS yesterday. Waze showing "Waze is connecting to GPS" message and it does not work at all.
mijarro
Send a message

Post by mmezghani
I have the same problem from Monday. I will wait new version. many thanks.
mmezghani
Send a message

Post by morhchi
same here, OP5, since about 14 hours ago. it worked, then took a break for 1 hour, and not working anymore. uninstall and install didn't help.
morhchi
Send a message

Post by morhchi
wdcode wrote:
vince1612 wrote: @EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?
HI everyone!
This trick do the job for me and waze connect to the GPS ^^
this has worked for me as well! just tested!
morhchi
Send a message

Post by mrmikkey
Oxygen OS : 5.1.4
Android version : 8.1.0
Waze Version: 4.42.0.5

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have reinstalled the app several times without success. I have reset network settings on both SIM's and I can get the GPS symbol up for around 30secs on the status bar then it turns off and I cannot get it to connect to GPS.

Other apps including Google Maps and GPS Status (recommended test app) have no issues with GPS on my phone. This is an issue with Waze and its ability to connect to the GPS internal interfaces on Android.

I haven't yet tried to factory reset the phone but unless someone has already tried it and got positive results I will hold off for now.

I have reported to Waze support but no response so far. Waze Support if you are listening please assist.

thank you
mrmikkey
Send a message

Post by mrmikkey
OnePlus 5,
Android 8.1.0
OxygenOS: 5.1.4

Thank you. Works a treat when Advanced Optimisation selected! GPS fix restored. :)

fablackmamba wrote:
vince1612 wrote:@binoSunny4: Waze did communicate, early on it was posted that they were looking into the issue and asked for debug logs, their latest communication was shared a few pages back by a Champ.

@elibek and eveyone else: Please STOP to uninstall/reinstall - This was NEVER suggested as a possible solution, 100% of the people who tried it already reported that it does not work.

@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?

Hello
I tried the tip in the post that I quote and Waze connects well to the GPS. I cross the rights for a valid solution coming .....
mrmikkey
Send a message

Post by mrmikkey
Android: 8.1.0
Oxygen OS; 5.1.5 (new)

Received update for Oxygen OS for OnePlus-5 which seems to have cured the issue without resorting to Battery Optimisation.

Release notes don't mention this issue with Waze.
mrmikkey
Send a message

mypifi
Send a message

Post by mypifi
Settings --> Battery --> Battery optimization --> 3 dots top right --> advanced optimization

This seems to have solved it for me
mypifi
Send a message

Post by naamonett79
Same here... I tried everything including factory reset. Waze is still not recognizing any GPS signal.
naamonett79
Send a message