Hamilton to Whangamata

Post by Nathan315
Hi
Im new to Waze so this may be something simple that I have missed.
When you put Morrinsville to Whangamata into the maps the recommended route is via Paeroa and Waihi (the way I normally go) however when you put in Hamilton to Whangamata the fastest route is suddenly through thames, second option is to go up SH1 to the bottom of the bombay hills and then go to thames, third option is through Tauranga all ignoring the faster route through paeroa/waihi.
What makes it even stranger is when you put in the opposite route (Whangamata to Hamilton) the fastest route is through waihi and paeroa.
Any ideas what might be going on?
Cheers

Edit: I have just tried entering Raglan to Whangamata (which goes through Hamilton) and it states that the fastest option is through Paeroa/Waihi
Nathan315

POSTER_ID:17592017

Send a message

Post by deanonzl
Hi there,
The routing server is a mysterious beast at best.
I have checked the routes provided & there are no issues with them.
The only thing I can suggest is if you want to take a specific route, add a stop point on that route to force it.
Let me know if this helps. :D
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by deanonzl
I am sure it would get a good amount of traffic, different times sometimes get different results.
The routing server will learn your routes if you take faster turns & roads.

In regards to suggesting an edit, either via the LiveMap or WME or the app when passing.
If you use LiveMap, just click on where & it will open a info box asking what the issue is.
This will create a permalink with the location.
I will add a roundabout for that location you said.
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by Nathan315
Thanks for the reply
I have just checked the Hamilton to Whangamata route again and its now saying that the fastest route is the one I drove the other day (Via Paeroa/Waihi)
Is it possible that it just needed someone to drive it for some reason?

As a side question I drove through a new roundabout just outside of Hamilton today (ruakura Road, SH26, Lissette Road intersection) how do I report that this road layout has changed?
Cheers
Nathan315
Send a message