Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
iainhouse wrote:
impulse200 wrote:This is readily apparent from all the obstacles and broken workflows they have thrown at us over the years; from the fact that the WME UI is plainly designed for use on large, high resolution screens.
I've heard that someone even wrote a script to address this! ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
BellHouse wrote:I think check #23 creates the false alarms. So I'm fine with Validator when I enter "!23" (without the quotes) into the "Reported as" field:
Confirmed, that eliminates the highlights, however, it does not suppress the unconfirmed message on properly configured segments, and I'm not able to get the report routine to run automatically. Panning the map brings up the red X option to clear the report buffer, but I am unable to display the report.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Bingo.

Until such time as Mr. Beretovskyy publicly states that he is abandoning the project AND releases the code into the public domain, whether it is freeware or not, the code needs to remain as the author originally wrote it.

Validator WILL be updated, it just takes longer than other scripts.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
aBshield wrote:Is the script truly encrypted or merely obfuscated?
It doesn't matter.
The terms of use preclude doing anything with or to it.

If you have the skill to author a replacement, feel free. The editors without those skills would greatly appreciate it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
Last edited by taco909 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Rich

Post by Tailszefox
I'd like to submit a small bug with WME Validator, which has to do with a regex being apparently too broad and reporting a street name in France as containing a wrong abbreviation.

The street in question is here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat=50.61798&lon=3.026&layers=2021&env=row

The "Rue du Mal Assis" is reported with "The street name has incorrect abbreviation.". From what I can tell, WME Validator catches the "Mal" portion and, probably due to the "[Mm]al" portion of the regex, thinks this is an incorrect abbreviation. In this case, though, it's an actual French word, not an abbreviation.

Is there any way to change that regex to avoid that false positive without breaking anything? If not, it's fine if it stays like that, it is really minor.
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Tailszefox
I'd like to report a small issue with a false positive for abbreviations in France (yes, again, my last bug report was about that too): E.Leclerc/E. Leclerc is the name of a store in France, and roads that include its name get a warning about an incorrect abbreviation. It looks like it could be, but the name of the store is indeed E.Leclerc, with the E not standing for anything (anymore).

It's not a priority, but if it could be fixed in a future version, that would help. Thanks in advance.
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Tailszefox
The first part of this, ie what is after the |

Code: Select all

/^:([0-9]{3,5}|[5-9][0-9]$)/
means that it matches any number with 3 to 5 digits, while the second part is an alternative saying that for 2 digits number, it should only match things that are at least 50. So basically, if you leave out the second part, you'll only match numbers with 3 to 5 digits, effectively from 100 to 99999:

Code: Select all

/^:([0-9]{3,5}$)/
As a side-note, your first example matches anything below 17, not above, though I suppose this is intended as such. If that's the case you can ignore this remark.
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Tailszefox
alexschrod wrote:Mind you, this may break all kinds of things, but as an emergency procedure while we wait for a new update, it works.
I assume that's going to at least break the "segment has expired restrictions" check, and any kind of check that relies on the current date, yes. But until then, it is an acceptable workaround. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, without looking far, it already breaks the estimated time to finish scanning when scanning an area, saying "Finished in NaN minutes". Not a major thing by any mean, though.
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Tailszefox
There's one major hurdle with having someone else take over the script without any assistance from the original author: the code is heavily obfuscated. Meaning the person taking over would have to reverse engineer it, which would be both hard and time consuming. And that's not even taking into account the fact that it's explicitly forbidden by the script's license.

While the logic behind that decision makes sense (preventing people from accessing features they are not authorized to use), it also has this major side effect of rendering the script unusable without support from its original author...
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by tango259
***TO EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH VALIDATOR AFTER THE WME UPDATE***

Due to the recent update to the Waze Map Editor, many scripts and plugins are not functioning properly. This includes Validator. At this time, all we can do is WAIT for the developers to adjust the code to work with the new UI and backend updates that were done on Waze's side. As editors, we have nothing we can do to make it work.

My Suggestions:
-Go to your extensions list in Chrome each day and click "Update extensions now".
-If you have scripts installed as well, whether they're related to Validator or not, update them within Tampermonkey (or whatever script extension you're running).

Just because Validator is not working right now, DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T EDIT. I see too many editors (more so the new editors) rely too much on Validator for getting edits to increase rank. It's true, Validator helps with that. But it's not the only way. Take this time to clean up your areas, work on URs, do interchange scrubs, etc. The developers of Validator are working hard to get this awesome plugin working again! Let's give them the time they need

If any new editors have questions on what they can do to keep getting edits, please PM me! Cheers!
tango259
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... anager.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0300.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.png

Tango259
Minnesota State Manager
Large Area Manager: Southeast Wisconsin
Other AMs in: Wisconsin, Alaska
Beta Leader, PLN Collab Liaison, Map Raid Mentor, Formal Mentor