Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Feature Request: DVR Recording

Post by Alan_H
Hi there, I've been using Waze for a while now and think it's by far the best navigation app on Android. My daily commute is through a busy city and use Waze to see traffic, and with busy cities you get busy drivers that quite often don't pay attention. I've been using an app called Daily Roads Voyager to record my commute to basically record evidence of accidents in case someone hits me. It records in 10min chunks as you drive and if something happens you can choose to store the previous recordings.

The point being, it's a bit fiddly working between 2 apps. DRV is good in the way that it places an overlay button on top of Waze for me when I'm not in the app so I can start/stop recording from there, but I've noticed issues where the GPS is dropping out on occasion when both are running as DRV wants to record travelling speed as well. It'd be really awesome if Waze had the option to record your commute for this specific reason, it would make it the ultimate driving app imo.

If it comes down to it, I will choose to use DRV over Waze if they can't work with each other. Not only do I want to ensure accidents are recorded properly, I also want to make sure I don't fall victim to assholes like this!
Alan_H

POSTER_ID:4734239

Send a message