Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Incorrect address info in Maryland

Post by 4d142e62177d4cb4a64103f532d4a271
Is there someway I can get info corrected in Waze? My address is Gaithersburg, MD but it gets changed in Waze to say Redland, MD. Redland is just a neighborhood, not actually a town/city.
4d142e62177d4cb4a64103f532d4a271

POSTER_ID:17615445

Send a message

Post by 4d142e62177d4cb4a64103f532d4a271
Thanks for the quick response. Always thought of Redland neighborhood as ending at Shady Grove Rd. We've been mentioned as GBurg or Rockville, but never Redland. How do you tell the CDP from pic above?
In any case, I would like to see about getting Amity Dr included as GBurg. I don't see how to send an email to provide the address. Many thanks,
4d142e62177d4cb4a64103f532d4a271
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
Thanks for the post.

Addresses in Maryland outside an incorporated city/town (very common) are named using their Census Designated Place (CDP). This is because the USPS names often extend far beyond where most locals consider to be the edge of town.

In the case of Redland and Gaithersburg, Redland and Gaithersburg are both CDPs. However, the Gaithersburg CDP doesn't cover the same area as the Gaithersburg Zip Code (USPS). You can see in the image below there is an area (circled in yellow) where the USPS city is Gaithersburg, and the CDP is Redland.
https://sites.google.com/site/nzahn1waze/files/RedlandCDP.jpg
I'll add gaithersburg as an alternate city name to this area, to ensure proper routing.

If you are having a problem with a specific address, please post it below, or send it via a private message, and I'll make sure it works for both the CDP and USPS city.

Read more about how we map cities on the Maryland wiki page.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
4d142e62177d4cb4a64103f532d4a271 wrote:Thanks for the quick response. Always thought of Redland neighborhood as ending at Shady Grove Rd. We've been mentioned as GBurg or Rockville, but never Redland. How do you tell the CDP from pic above?
In any case, I would like to see about getting Amity Dr included as GBurg. I don't see how to send an email to provide the address. Many thanks,
Replying via DM.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter