Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by juliansean
ehepner1977 wrote:
Well, the instructions are in the first post in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=819&t=230927#p1663525
Or that ;)
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
ropaswan wrote:
AndyLaode wrote:to author: is there any plan to indicate which junction that has problem for magic indication geometry node too close and no connection in the coming future?
I didn't see any reply, so just wanted to add my own opinion... MAGIC is the #1 script that I use and I greatly appreciate all the work that has been done. There are lots of ''geometry node too close'' highlights in well covered areas as well as basemaps, some of the segments are very long with hundreds of geo nodes. Since the script knows where the offending nodes are, it would save hours of work if it could highlight the offending nodes (in an obvious color) in addition to highlighting the segment.

Thanks for the consideration!!
Having been working for months in Texas, being able to see where the problem geo node is would be amazing! Please consider creating this highlight for us. Thank you.

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
That’s perfect! I didn’t see any examples this morning but I’ll look again tomorrow. I appreciate you trying to help us out with this request!

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
In the South Central Region of the US we allow SL’s if the entrance and exit speed limit are the same.

Magic already flags “no speed limit” on PR and speed limits are not required on PR’s in the SCR.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by JustinS83
SuperDave1426 wrote:
vince1612 wrote:Enhance MTE adds a drop-down list at the top of WME with all MTEs in the area, so you don't need to switch to Event mode to see them. I'm not sure if it does other things yet, haven't played with it much.. Delfim can surely give more info ;)
Hopefully, Delfim will sound out here with more info about it, then. :-)
By looking at the settings spreadsheet there is a State field, so I'm pretty sure all of what you're talking about can be done if the maintainer of the US config asks for it.
I'd be happy to mention it to the maintainer for the USA config, but I can't seem to reach him/her. According to the "maintainers" list at the web page for this addon, "Xander" is that person. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the username used here in the forum, because when I tried to send a PM, I got an error saying that the user doesn't exist.... :?
I'm working with XanderB on getting the settings figured out. Stay tuned.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SuperDave1426 wrote:
subs5 wrote:Any way to get ramps and private roads to not highlight as need SL in USA?
I know I'm gonna feel like a nitwit when I see the answer, but I'm drawing a complete blank on what "SL" is an abbreviation for...? :)
Speed limit
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RichardPyne wrote:If WMEMagic is going to complain about Duplicated Google Places, it needs to show where the duplicated place links are.
I assume you mean a linked Google place. It does highlight, in orange, the Places with a duplicate link.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jangliss wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:
RichardPyne wrote:If WMEMagic is going to complain about Duplicated Google Places, it needs to show where the duplicated place links are.
I assume you mean a linked Google place. It does highlight, in orange, the Places with a duplicate link.
I think the point is that all the other places with duplicate Google Place links are also highlighted with the same color (also same color is used for places without address). So if you click one place it tells you it's duplicate, but you don't know which place it's because they're all highlighted. I think the more specific feature request would be when a duplicate Google Place is selected, highlight the offending duplicate, either by changing the duplicate entry's color to make it more visually obvious, or possibly providing a link in the error message.
My first reaction was that there should be a link in the duplicated link message to the Place with the duplicated link. If dbcm doesn't get to it, I'll look into this after I wrap up the changelog enhancements.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
dspille wrote:
jm6087 wrote:Can you confirm the Version Number right now? I have Ω1.0.0.3107126.1498899051 and it shows last updated 6 days ago after I force update in TM. I ask because I was told that the state lock levels for the US should have been released in the last couple days but mine doesn't seem to be updating and they are not highlighting correct lock levels yet.
Mine is also running on the same version you are showing (updated 7 days ago), yet it appears to be highlighting lock levels correctly now, even for roundabouts. I'm wondering if the regional updates are happening behind the scenes, independent of the main script.

EDIT: Well, that's strange. The mH roundabouts show up as protected (no highlight), yet the MH and PS roundabouts are shown as unprotected (highlighted).
The country configurations are only pulled when there is a new build. A new beta was built this morning and, pending any issues, we are planning a production release tomorrow. When the production release is built, the new configurations will go into effect (enable/disable some options, correct lock levels per state, etc.).
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Hey all!

You may have noticed by now that a new version was released. In this new version the changelog ("Show your changes" under the Extra section) has been enhanced - it now displays in the top right corner of WME and will persist when you mouse over. There is a max size set, to prevent the changelog from taking over you screen, and when the list grows too long it will gain a scrollbar.

This first round of changes captures almost all changes to segments and tries to present them in a user readable manner. Some additional handling has been added for creating/deleting various other elements (Places, junction box, roundabout, cameras) but I have not started in depth on any of them. Translation has not yet been added for some of the messages...sorry, will get around to it. Finishing Segment changes (as best as I can at least) is at the top of the list (somehow capturing segment name/city/state change if possible...it's rather complicated in the background) with focus on Places being next.

Along with this, you should have the latest country localizations, which for the US should include the correct lock level flagging for segments. Yay!
Screenshot - 7_10_2017 , 9_18_58 AM.png
(36.98 KiB) Downloaded 658 times
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message