Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
JustinS83 wrote: Whatever restrictions you have on your PC is preventing PIE from loading libraries necessary to run the script. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do to work around this.
As I suspected. Thanks for all you do!
No problem, sorry I can't do more to get it working.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Additional info:

Since the latest WME update there is an issue with the rotate/resize handle persisting on screen after de-selecting the Place. If you re-select the Place another handle would be added, so continuing to de-select & re-select would continue to add more handles that can be moved around and clutter the screen (only one actually rotates/resizes). Due to this I put some hackery in that force-ably removes the handle when de-selecting a Place. If you select one Place and then immediately select another, however, the handle is not generated - you must completely de-select the first Place and then select the 2nd for the rotate/resize handles to appear. This is the best that I can do for now due to the WME change goofing this up (to be fair, they don't support this functionality anyway) and creating ghost handles on the map, but I think it is a fair trade off.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
doctorkb wrote:Thank you so much for the Orthogonalize feature! I've been missing that since MagicWand was broken.

One suggestion - can you add a key binding option for it, please?

Thanks!
Yes, I'll add it this weekend.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
JustinS83 wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Thank you so much for the Orthogonalize feature! I've been missing that since MagicWand was broken.

One suggestion - can you add a key binding option for it, please?

Thanks!
Yes, I'll add it this weekend.
Update released - 2018.05.19.01

Added blank keyboard shortcut for orthogonalization. Go into the Keyboard shorcuts menu to set the keystroke combination.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2018.05.22.01

Added a button to clear the geometry of an area Place - resets back to a 20x20 square.

I am aware of the issues with the Parking Lot Estimator - at this time I am not sure what was changed in the last WME update to make it so my layer is click through which makes it so the Place you are calculating the parking spots for is clickable (which then un-selects the Place and breaks the workflow). I am looking into it but I cannot promise a resolution timeframe.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
WazingArch wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 2018.05.22.01

Added a button to clear the geometry of an area Place - resets back to a 20x20 square.
I'm not sure we need such feature so much - the same result can be achieved by pressing Point Place -deselect - select - Area Place. What is missing from the functionality of WME probably is Simplify Place.
I'm confused why you think there is no benefit in reducing a 4 step process down to one step.

Regardless, it's already implemented :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released 2018.06.06.01

Adding the ability to simplify the Place's geometry (with accompanying keyboard shortcut). Currently the default setting of 5 is used, but will be adding the ability to customize this value (the entry is in the tab, just not hooked up to be used yet).

Adding shortcuts for all of the new Place menu options. When the keyboard shortcut is activated, if a Place is selected the category assigned to the Place menu item will be added to the selected Place if it does not exist already.

If a Place is not selected when the keyboard shortcut is used, the new Place mode will be started.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2018.06.07.01

Simplify factor is now hooked up to save/load and is used in the simplification algorithm.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
russblau wrote:PIE is highlighting this place as having an "Invalid Google link", but when I follow the link it seems perfectly valid to me.
It's not highlighting for me
https://imgur.com/E4lNeOq.png
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2018.08.20.01

Intermediate release with Place geometry window - more to come soo...uhh...at some point. Got tired of copying the code around from machine to machine :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message