Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:
xanderb wrote:
jm6087 wrote:In the US we don't use the Auto Lock.
In the US we chose not use Autolock in production. It is available in beta for testing purposes since many other countries use the feature. This is working as designed.
I understand that, but while working in Beta, Magic is giving a false sense of the segment being locked when it is not.
Looks like it is checking rank and not lockRank for segments. I have not dealt with autolocking much, but I believe it should be checking lockRank and if null, then falling back to rank. I'll get it figured out.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
carloslaso wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:Looks like it is checking rank and not lockRank for segments. I have not dealt with autolocking much, but I believe it should be checking lockRank and if null, then falling back to rank. I'll get it figured out.
You will get an area that has tons of those, as soon as Waze processes it. :)
Thems fightin words
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
JustinS83 wrote: Looks like it is checking rank and not lockRank for segments. I have not dealt with autolocking much, but I believe it should be checking lockRank and if null, then falling back to rank. I'll get it figured out.
Will be fixed in the next build.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
G_W1Z wrote:Under the blue for 'You should check this' I now only have 2 options: unnamed segments and unneeded junctions. I used yesterday the simplified segments option but don't have it today. Love that feature. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the script and still only have 2 options.
Yes, it was removed for the US.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
bures wrote:There is my wish list: ;)
  • Same endpoints drivable segments - two drivable segments share the same two endpoints.
  • Node A/B: Unneeded - adjacent segments at node A/B are identical.
  • Reverse connection
For the first and third Toolbox already highlights those. Why duplicate the functionality?

I'm not sure I understand the 2nd item
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
G_W1Z wrote:It does magnify extra nodes quickly and easily and could have a big impact fast.
Toolbox has the option to highlight simplifiable segments, if you want to continue highlighting them.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
TurfTurf wrote:The script is very very very useful, but I have some questions to ask:

1) Why don't create a page with the "to do list" and the permalinks, like Validator does? It would be very useful.

2) When I look at the changelog (passing mouse over "save" button) I can only see the segment numbers, but not the permalink, but it's easier to find a segment using the permalink, much easier then using segment no.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea.
Because the script is still heavily under development. Be patient - dbcm has done 98% of the development and I am just starting to get into it as well while I take a break from the dozen+ other scripts I maintain. Only two of us working on it so it might be a little slow going for a while :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
EumirGarciaC2 wrote:
BruceQC wrote:The blue highlight for Unneeded Junction appears to be broken with the new version of WME released today in USA. Thanks for your efforts with Magic. It is a great tool!
Hello:
So the blue dot of "google street" does not work, the screen becomes white and it blocks until pressing "f5"
This is not a Magic feature - this is native to WME. Nothing we can do.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
BruceQC wrote:Maybe I wasn't clear. The blue dot (highlight) that Magic puts on unneeded junction nodes is not working apparently. This is not part of WME or is it a recent addition? It is available by selecting the option in the Magic options under You Should Check This. http://prntscr.com/g06o3p
You were clear :) I haven't had time yet to investigate. There are some other unneeded junction issues that need looked at as well.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
StanisBR wrote:I think the problem is on WME, because even the toolbox isn't working in the unneeded junction nodes. ;)
Yes, the problem is due to the restrictions change on the segment object.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message