Post by qwaletee
PesachZ wrote:while taking a peek at this code I found what I think is a bug. If you have 3 regions, and use the default value for fwy on all of them the third region gets locked at 3 instead of 4.
current code:

Code: Select all

| {{{Fwy|4}}}{{#if:{{{title2|}}}|{{!}}{{!}}{{{Fwy2|{{{Fwy|4}}}}}}}}{{#if:{{{title3|}}}|{{!}}{{!}}{{{Fwy3|{{{Fwy|3}}}}}}}}
I believe the last "3" at the end of the string should be a 4.
Good catch
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Update, everyone.

The two templates are now published. Many state pages now use the {{Lock Standard State|XX}} template, as well as the Texas MapRaid.

The underlying {{Locking Standard}} template is primarily used only by the State Locking Standard.

The system now combines adjacent values with the same value, so you won't see three separate columns containing the number 1 in the Street row, etc. PesachZ did much of the work to improve the formatting. There is a bug where the combined columns do not work for Freeway right now, which we'll probably solve after catching up on some things that have been slipping due to Houston.

There is also a Google Spreadsheet that documents many states together (original concept by Fredo-p). It has a different but similar format.

I did note that the LA MapRaid page lists a CA locking standard that is not quite the same as the one developed through the forums. That should be rationalized. Right now, {{Lock Standard State|CA}} uses the forum parameters, but I have not inserted it into any live page. Once it is rationalized, I can make the template match the consensus, and it can be placed on the CA page.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Just a pair of notes:

1) Pesach is a fantastic partner in code development. We're pretty good at bouncing ideas off one another, and writing to the same code without stepping on each other's toes.

2) There's a discussion going on about how to deal with the railroad row - the default national lock standard may be changing (now or after a break in for new junction rules), and there is some concern that just by existing in the table, the RR entry may be giving some editors a false impression about railroad mapping. As a result, there may be some template changes, and this may affect states/regions that have allowed the RR template default value to stay in. If we change the RR default in the template, such states will have an "unexpected" change in their lock display. We may have to consider a RR row opt-out.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message