These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.46

Post by
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:
- It’s easier to see your ETA on Android Auto with some design improvements
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.45

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by Banditz71
sortoma wrote:"Select your vehicle type" appears every time the app starts.

Once the vehicle is selected, "car info" is displayed OVER the car icon. Four months and we're still dealing with this bug every day.
YES! The "Car Info" button always popping up at start is extremely irritating .... that is something you (or at least "I") only mess with every few years .... there is no need for it to pop up by default.
Banditz71
Send a message

Post by Banditz71
crusdepelos wrote:There is no option to remove it, but with the last update I realized that if I move the map and then I give the button to center the map or I hit the back button of the mobile "car info" disappears.
Well, for some reason, that doesn't work for me ..... I usually open Waze "horizontally" ... after the Car Info button pops up, I turn it vertically then back, the button disappears. I also "just" noticed, if I start it "vertically" and the button pops up, it will disappear when turning "horizontally".

But regardless of all that, it should "not" pop up "at all" .... if you want to change "car info", you should need to go into Settings.
Banditz71
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Release 4.46.2.1
Strange. Yes the still annoying Vehicle Type but Start in horisontal, move map, recenter, gone, change to verticle, still gone!
Crash or Stops working. On trips of 2.5 to 3.5 hours long it does crash, usually not far from your next change/turn/roundabout!
Have sent logs. This version just installed and to test but I seen no likelyhood of change.
Now seems incapable of calculation advanced trips or planned drives.
Try to select tomowwow and the wheel spins intermably and then gives a blank set of times to arive.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Can confirm, app crashed again on a long (130 miles) trip. and logs sent.
Still not doing advanced planning for trips. Blank.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by DarekWa
show next song on player linked with Spotify stopped working
DarekWa
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by db9ac74b53a143c7b5a9e79f5a522228
Hello,

I am new using Waze. Its a fantastic app but 1 thing drives me crazy. The Auto zoom. It seems I cant disable it. In the past there was the option the disable it in settings but it seems since version 4.41.1.900 the option to disable Auto Zoom is disabled. Why is that? The auto zoom does zoom out way too much so everything becomes too small. I prefer to see the surrounded streets where I drive. I dont need to see the whole city map when I drive faser then 50km/h. Is the option comming back?
db9ac74b53a143c7b5a9e79f5a522228
Send a message

Post by dmcke5
Has anyone else had the latest update prevent the GPS from working?

I have an Eonon Ga2171s head unit which I only just installed a few weeks ago. Waze was working great until last week (which would have been around the time of this update) and it now won't connect to the GPS at all. GPS is still working on Google maps etc so I know it's not a hardware fault.
dmcke5
Send a message

Post by GreenAcuras
vince1612 wrote:This was apparently a deliberate change, which was heavily criticized by beta testers and continues to be... so it may or may not be back depending on staff wanting to listen or not.
I'm starting to wonder if anyone that works at Waze actually drives. Basic functionality still eludes them, but they waste their time making changes that break the parts the kinda worked.
GreenAcuras
Send a message

Post by howie411
Been using Waze in my 2018 Rogue for the past 6 months and love it, but 1 thing is driving me crazy. There is no way to see the up coming turn list. You can do it on the phone App but not on the car display? This is a big deal as its extremely helpful. Please please please add it.
howie411
Send a message

Post by KadNick
Hello everyone.

I've been using waze for some time and every time after about an hour of travel the app closes automatically.

I have a huawei nova lite+ android 7

Is there any solution?
KadNick
Send a message