Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by MapOMatic
There's a proposed change that would automatically apply 24/7 to any hotel chains that are matched in the PNH sheet. The thought being: if they have 5 or more locations, they are most likely open 24/7. Let me know if you are aware of instances where that's not the case.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
What do you know... it does work like that already! I completely forgot that was added back in Sept of last year.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I don't think that's in WMEPH currently, but I'll add it to the feature requests.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
steelpanz wrote:It's funny; as you continue to improve the script, more and more ways to explore simplification come to mind. Much appreciated.

Also, on PLA's, you have scripted logic to not only add a stop point, but to determine whether or not it has been moved. I'm curious if that same logic could be applied to places as well.
Area places, specifically? Or all places?
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I like the idea of pulling some info automatically and displaying it as a suggestion that the user would need to confirm before auto-filling. However, it would take a lot of research/effort/time to make that happen for each chain. I'll add it as a feature request but don't hold your breath ;)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
MapOMatic wrote:I like the idea of pulling some info automatically and displaying it as a suggestion that the user would need to confirm before auto-filling. However, it would take a lot of research/effort/time to make that happen for each chain. I'll add it as a feature request but don't hold your breath ;)
Actually... that's already been added as a feature request: https://github.com/WazeDev/WME-Place-Ha ... issues/117
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
SanzClew wrote:Good morning.

I was wondering if the harmonizer's link to a gas station locator can be updated? For Irving Oil, this is the more accurate link:

http://myirving.com/storelocator

Thanks!
I was going to do that, but looks like someone beat me to it :)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
YanisKyr wrote:Any chance of extending this script beyond North America?
Unfortunately it's heavily loaded with rules and algorithms that are very specific to the US/Canada, and English language. I don't have the bandwidth currently to support more countries, and likely never will. However, I'm in the process of cleaning up a lot of the code so that it's easier to understand and maintain. Once that's done, it should in theory be simpler for another scripter to fork the code and modify it for his or her own country / region use. The difficult part may be finding someone willing to do that. ;)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
There was a new WME release today that could cause some problems for multiple scripts. WMEPH has been updated (v1.3.97) and should be working now.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
WMEPH v1.3.120
  • A brand new look for the banner! Individual rows are highlighted based on their severity, or gray if they are only suggestions / informational.
  • "Area code mismatch" flag now displays the phone # entry box so you can fix it right there.
  • A lot of internal rewiring to make WMEPH faster.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message