Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2018.08.21.01

It is now possible to view and edit a Place's geometry within WME (see screenshot below). This is useful in case someone mapped something with an MC that needs to be created as a Place or if you want to duplicate a Place/Map Comment's geometry from somewhere else in the country. When you paste in the geometry and hit Apply the exact geometry will be set for that Place - it will not transpose to the new location! If you want to use the geometry from somewhere else you will need to copy the geometry of the Place and load it into http://map.wazedev.com. Then you can move the Place to the correct location and copy the new location's geometry back into a Place in Waze.

Unfortunately setting a MC's geometry isn't really possible...it kind of works with the same method as setting a Place, but the method wasn't designed to work with MCs so it causes some side effects therefor the Apply button does not display for MCs.

Available from this button:
https://imgur.com/D5ShITt.png
Geometry screen:
https://imgur.com/bJcNUY2.png
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Sebiseba wrote:Hi Justin,
I have un request for you.
In addition to your last update, can you add a button in map comment edit panel for directly convert MC to POI (I think : draw a POI with MC geometry then delete MC).
I find a lot of POI drawn with MC (INTL server) ...

Since I don't have a (easy) way to choose the correct category when creating a new Place, it makes more sense (development-time wise) to use the new geometry feature to copy the MC's geometry into a manually created Place since you will need to set everything manually anyway. If I end up getting ahead on my to-do list someday maybe I'll tackle that as well
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
WazingArch wrote:May I suggest an enhancement to an existing feature if the author finds it useful. Is it possible to lock the proportions of a place when resizing by holding Shift key while dragging the handle? Regards.
I'm not sure, to be honest. Hooking the resize/move events isn't as easy as it used to be. There is a shortcut to enable/disable the scaling mode, though.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
ldriveskier wrote:Might I suggest you put the info on the parking lot estimator in the OP or (probably better) just put a link to this post from the OP to make it easier to find? :)
Since it is broken for the foreseeable future, I don't think it would help with anything to do that.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Robert04101 wrote: One feature I particularly like is the Simplify geometry option. I would love to have this functionality available for road segments. Any chance you'd be willing to port this code logic over to work on segments, rather than places? Or is there a script that does that already?
No, this was once available in Toolbox and it was disabled in the US at the request of champs.
And while I've got you writing a new script...it would satisfy the OCD in me if the Orthogonalize feature were also available for intersections. Truing up junctions to get four 90° corners is tedious....
This isn't something that I'm going to tackle...there really isn't a point; if the intersection is off 5 degrees, it still functions and looks pretty normal in the app. I understand the desire to satisfy the OCD but I don't feel it would add any value beyond that.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Robert04101 wrote:Thanks. Toolbox has the "remove geonodes" tool, which is still enabled for R5 and above in the US. I was thinking of something much less drastic that preserves the segment basic geometry but reduces the geonodes. Such a tool has much lower risk than removing all geonodes.
Yes, as I said - this tool exists in TB and was disabled for the US.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
lg1992 wrote:Clicking "Orthogonalize" increments the counter of changes even if the form of a place hasn't changed. Is it possible to avoid this?
Yes, done:

Update released - 2018.10.08.01

Not incrementing save counter if a significant change was not done by orthogonalize
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
WazingArch wrote:May I suggest an enhancement to an existing feature if the author finds it useful. Is it possible to lock the proportions of a place when resizing by holding Shift key while dragging the handle? Regards.
I guess I missed this when it was originally requested - no this isn't really possible. The resizing is done natively by OpenLayers and there is not a parameter to lock the proportions.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
lg1992 wrote:PIE makes the Places menu look ugly in the latest WME Beta.
I don't try to keep up with beta. When it hits production I'll investigate.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released!!! 2018.11.27.01

Fixed the new Places menu that was broken by the WME update.

Released the Photo Viewer tool! This is a great tool that Sebiseba started and I enhanced and incorporated into PIE.

What is the Photo Viewer? It allows you to moderate pictures for all on screen Places.

To enable:
https://imgur.com/qNIPY6j.png

This will put a picture icon in the bottom left of WME. Clicking this will launch the viewer.
https://imgur.com/UCFZDmF.png

When launched all of the Places on screen will be checked and if they have pictures they will be loaded into the viewer. Pictures that are PURs will have a red border and you cannot delete. Approved pictures will have a trashcan next to them that will allow you to delete them directly from the viewer.

https://imgur.com/4TfY7K0.png
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message