Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by naesstrom
Woha, I'm almost jumping up and down here in the chair!

First of Thanks Fej for filling in with some info, I can't wait to see what this will bring to the swedish maps :D finally we might have some more roads to drive on atleast!

2 small questions that pop up in my scambled mind!

1. do you have any timeframe, even if we are going ahead as usual paving new roads etc. when can we count on seeing some of the changes?

2. I read a short note that they have some nice radar 3d info to, do you have any plans on implementing some kind of 3d maps. The reason I ask is just because I love the way these maps look:
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/up ... panora.jpg
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
robin1979 wrote:OMG it is starting!

I'm two messages in the area I am editing (alternating between the GERMAN and FRENCH text), that people should stop editing while the maps are being uploaded.
*puts on his tinfoil hat*

Oh, you was talking about the new maps :D
Looking forward to getting a report about how it went!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
I got curious so I went down to Berlin to see what the new maps look like!
I'm guessing that the roads with red dots is to show what's imported, thats really nice so you easily can tell what's driven or not!

Will they still be there after the process of "merging" the two map databases?

really looking forward to getting some of this up in Sweden to :D
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
robin1979 wrote:
naesstrom wrote:I'm guessing that the roads with red dots is to show what's imported, thats really nice so you easily can tell what's driven or not!
I think by red dots you mean the access-restrictions with all roads now being 'no access'-roads?
Ah yes, Ive never seen that on roads before so I just thought it was some clever way of being able to tell a "old" road from a "new" one! ;) gah can't wait to get that here!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
Dave2084 wrote:Please can we have the UK next? :)
Sorry, I gave them my friends firstborn son so that Sweden would get it next... ^^
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
Well English beer isn't all that bad... I mean if we're talking about bad beer... lets start talking about american ones... ^^
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
well... if you see it like this instead!

If countries with few wazers get the map updates, it's a higher probability that they will get more new wazers since the basemaps are already done, starting waze and not being able to use it makes most people drop it!
While countries that already have many wazers can manage a bit longer... ;)
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by padril
naesstrom wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:Please can we have the UK next? :)
Sorry, I gave them my friends firstborn son so that Sweden would get it next... ^^
Ok so the bid is one firstborn son. I raise you one pint of beer on top of that for the UK to be next :D
padril
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
well, Guinness is well-tasting... but of course it is not really English ;)...

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Any updates on this? 8-)
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe