Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
StanisBR wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:
StanisBR wrote:I think the problem is on WME, because even the toolbox isn't working in the unneeded junction nodes. ;)
Yes, the problem is due to the restrictions change on the segment object.
OK, then there is nothing to do by now or is there something that we can do, for example, changing some settings in somewhere?? :?:
Be patient. The WME update came out today. It will take time to get all the scripts updated to the changes.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
I just fixed this and it is in beta. I'll see if we can get a production build done tomorrow that will include this fix, plus several others.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released -

Bug fixes:
  • Unneeded junction check now works with the latest WME changes
  • Segment lock level highlights now highlight if the correct segment lock is above the editor's rank
  • Roundabouts configured to lock to the highest connection now work
Enhancements:
  • Various configuration changes & translations
  • 1 way segments can now be checked for level lock
Moving forward I will try to post a changelog for script changes - configuration changes are too vast to track across all of the countries. Country moderators are welcome to post their country's configuration changes here if they so desire.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by JustinS83 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JustinS83
spookyx wrote:Is it possible to deactivate the messages „TO DO” in the left column when adding multiple segments?

Example: I am adding to the map multiple segments. When selecting them (so more than 1 segment) in the left column I have: segment -115 : No speed Limit, Unnamed Segment...

If I have 30 segments created, I do see a big list and I do have to scroll A LOT to be able to get to set the city name & speed.

Or at least to see something like:
TO DO: 59 new segments: Speed Limits, Unnamed Segments

All new segments that are yet unnamed do have a Negative ID.

See the attachement as an example.
Thanks.
I understand your pain. With the current design I don't believe it is possible to group the way you suggest, but I have only briefly reviewed that code. I will make a point to look at this soon
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
russblau wrote:Justin,

One thing that Validator did pretty well but Magic doesn't (yet) was to find segments that looked like they intersect but actually don't (for example, where a newbie has created a new segment but couldn't attach it to the locked street nearby, so just left the node sitting as close as possible to the locked segment). Is there any chance this feature could be added at some point?
You aren't the first to bring this up :) Something I have to look into still. Will be coming soon.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
jm6087 wrote:I believe that more people would just leave a segment "unnamed" as opposed to "none" if they don't feel like figuring out the name or city. I also disagree with the statement that most streets should have a name, there are many time "none" is accurate. Such as crossovers with street name on either side being different, AGCs or anytime we need the segment to inherit the next street name.

While it might be nice to have it in Magic and I think it would be a nice option under the "Bored" category, IMO this option (if decided to be added) would be at the bottom of the request list. I am sure there are much more useful features in the "to do" list.
This + superdave's response are on point. Not hitting my to-do list at this point, use color highlights
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RichardPyne wrote:I just noticed that the Normalize Road feature has stopped working. It still pops up the verification alert, but it doesn't change the road name.
It actually never worked :x
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released

Apparently at least one production pushed happened without me being notified...sorry. I believe below are all of the script changes since my last release post.

New features
  • Highlight for segments with "Headlights required" enabled
  • Highlighting of segments with the routing preference changed
  • Overlay on the Magic tab when the Magic layer is disabled (with a link to enable)
  • All/None links added to each section to enable/disable all plugins in that section
  • No connection highlight - highlights segments where the node is within 5m of another segment and not connected
  • Roundabout segment type checking - highlight RAs that do not meet the RA wiki guidance
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:I'm finding a minor irritation with the way Magic expands the error information when saving.

When Waze pops up the "There might be a problem with this edit" box, Magic adds more details information. The problem is that this sometimes takes a second or two. Often, I know exactly what Waze is complaining about and go to click the Save button - just as Magic shuffles it downward to add the extra detail! :evil:

Is there any chance the added detail could be placed below the action buttons so that it doesn't move existing content from under your mouse? :)
Can you provide a screenshot/animated gif that shows this happening? Are you referring to the changelog? Magic shouldn't be shifting any WME elements (that I know of...).
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:
magicdebug.png
It's the circled item I'm referring to. This appeared about 2-3 seconds after the dialog box appeared.

A typical situation might be that I've drawn this segment knowing it's disconnected and I'm going to connect it with another segment in a minute. So I hit "save" and then go to hit the save button in the dialog box I'm expecting to appear - just as it shuffles down. A bit like this. :lol:
Okay, I hadn't seen that before.

You could, you know, just turn off that plugin :) It's the "Show Save Errors" option at the bottom of the tab
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message