Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New Feature Request - closed road report

Post by TheDaveEvans
Please please please can you add the ability to change a road state to closed. Im sick and tired of not being able to go down a road due to road closure then constantly being told by Waze to go back to that road for about 15 minutes after going past that road rather than a proper redirect. Please add this feature to Android Auto version of Waze (PLEASE SOON).
TheDaveEvans

POSTER_ID:17157181

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
Road closure reporting has been in Waze for years... You mean just add that to Android Auto?
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by AlbanEsn
Hello,

In 2020 the closed roads report is still not available from Waze Android Auto ...
AlbanEsn
Send a message

Post by donny71uk
Couldn't agree more. Spent 45 minutes stuck in Kings Cross the other day as the road was closed temporarily and Waze kept trying to send me back there.
donny71uk
Send a message

Post by jm6087
You can also get with your local community and ask them to put a long term closure on the road if needed.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Mynios
Tazatron wrote:If you read the last sentence it does say Android auto
Perhaps you should use the correct subforum to have more success wit your feature request, instead of teling people that they can't read carefully. ;)
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Insight is the first way to improve. :lol:
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by TheDaveEvans
If you read the last sentence it does say Android auto
TheDaveEvans
Send a message

Post by TheDaveEvans
It's more where roads are closed temporary, such as for a day or weekend. Just want the ability like in standard Waze to say thata road is closed so it doesn't keep trying to redirect me back to the closed road. Like i mentioned earlier, on the A13 they are doing a lot of work over weekends at Tarpots. Sometimes East bound is closed, sometimes West but either way i cannot say, quicky, that the road is closed, redirect me another route
TheDaveEvans
Send a message

Post by TheDaveEvans
It's quite a simple feature to add to Waze in Android auto, no idea why they won't, must be lazyness!! Everyone wants the feature so just add it!
TheDaveEvans
Send a message