Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Dave2084
Looks good, can't wait to get my hands on the Open Data enabled version.

I just added a couple of tweaks; one to open the OSMC link in a new tab and the other to unify the text formatting so that:

"Permalink |- OS Musical Chairs - Imagery by Bing"
Becomes
"Permalink | OS Musical Chairs | Imagery by Bing"

Code: Select all

document.getElementById("bing-attribution").innerHTML = ' <a href="'+osmc_url+'" target=_blank>OS Musical Chairs</a> | Imagery by Bing';
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
You're a legend ... love it A LOT!

Just as awesome as Tim's livemap nav add-on!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
You could also add a live map link as the live map is linked to Cartouche rather than WME:

Here's an extract of code I've tested:

// translate the zoom level between WME and live map.  The only correlation is (WME)=[Live] (0 or 1)=[7], (2 or 3)=[8], (4 or more)=[9]
         var livemap_zoom = Math.floor(zoom/2)+7;
         if (livemap_zoom > 9 ) livemap_zoom = 9;
	 var livemap_url = 'https://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom='+livemap_zoom+'&lat='+lat+'&lon='+lon+'&layers=BTTTT'; 

// "borrow" the Bing attribution div to insert the new clicky-links, remembering to maintain the attribution after we're done messing with it!
         document.getElementById("bing-attribution").innerHTML = ' <a href="'+livemap_url+'" target=_blank>Waze Live Map</a> | <a href="'+osod_url+'" target=_blank>OS OpenData</a> | <a href="'+osmc_url+'" target=_blank>OS Musical Chairs</a> | Imagery by Bing';
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Had a thought this morning, rather than add a link to the bottom with a fixed livemap URL why not override the one that doesn't link to WME at the top.

So if you insert the this code it will take care of it for you. Note that I'm manually setting style attributes as I'm not sure how I get greasemonkey to use the assigned style for the menu. DO you think it should open in new tab or not?

// translate the zoom level between WME and live map.  The only correlation is (WME)=[Live] (0 or 1)=[7], (2 or 3)=[8], (4 or more)=[9]
         var livemap_zoom = Math.floor(zoom/2)+7;
         if (livemap_zoom > 9 ) livemap_zoom = 9;
         var livemap_url = 'https://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom='+livemap_zoom+'&lat='+lat+'&lon='+lon+'&layers=BTTTT';          

// Update livemap link to reference current position in WME
          document.getElementById("livemap").innerHTML = ' <a href="'+livemap_url+'" style="text-decoration: none; color: black" target=_blank>Live Map</a>';
On a similar theme, I also updated the style colour for the OS links to match the Permalink/OS:

// "borrow" the Bing attribution div to insert the new clicky-links, remembering to maintain the attribution after we're done messing with it!
         document.getElementById("bing-attribution").innerHTML = ' <a href="'+osod_url+'" style="color: #9f9f9f" target=_blank>OS OpenData</a> | <a href="'+osmc_url+'" style="color: #9f9f9f" target=_blank>OS Musical Chairs</a> | Imagery by Bing';
Can someone explain how I can do this without hard coding it?

The other thing is that the URL "https://descartesw.waze.com/beta/*" could be included for those that have access to the beta editor program.

Lastly, how about adding a link to Cartouche as well?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
xteejx wrote:Is this the gm script for osmc? I'm crap with scripting, etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Yes, OSMC and regular OS Open Data, it works really well!

Just waiting for Twister_UK to respond to the suggestions I've made (As it is his script).
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Fantastic!

Two little extra's:

1. Add an include for "https://descartesw.waze.com/beta/*"
2. Add a Cartouche Link at it is still a useful tool for fixing roundabouts:

var cartouche_url = 'http://world.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom='+zoom+'&lon='+lon+'&lat='+lat; 
:-)
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Cool!

I did find another link to the editor which would need adding to the include last night when I clicked on the link in this post which I didn't realise still worked
https://world.waze.com/map-editor/*

Also I think that the link separators "|" are a bit superfluous with the check boxes there now (they are a great idea though).

Anyway, well done, this is an awesome addition to the map editors arsenal :-)

All we need now is "WME musical chairs" to check Waze road-names against the OS Locator DB :D
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
timbucks wrote:Will this work in Chrome?
Just done a quick test (after installing it first) and it seem to work fine.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Awesome!

I know it's early days and it will develop over time, but to make it more user friendly in it's current form could we move the list of roads etc from the bottom of the screen (where you have to scroll down to see them) to either the left under the "street to River" button (if installed) or to the right which is unused space if using a wide-screen monitor.

Also how about a checkbox to paint a aiming target on the middle of the map area so you can see the point that it is looking up.

Interesting that the Data also uses roads with numbers in the same form as we do "B1378 - SKELLINGTHORPE ROAD"

A possible tweak could also clean the road names to be title case and change suffixes to approved ones from the wiki so "B1378 - SKELLINGTHORPE ROAD" would become "B1378 - Skellingthorpe Rd" for each use when cutting and pasting (no more typos!)

Keep up the good work!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Genius!

I've just got to a hotel in Exmouth where I'm staying for three nights. The whole town has not been touched since basemap import and only three roads are named.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

I'm gonna have a go to see how fast I can accurately map it using this to help me (in conjunction with OSMMC and OS Open Data).
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message