Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
G_W1Z wrote:I get an error preventing me from saving when I try to delete a picture from a place locked above my rank. I get this error even when not using the new PIE picture viewing interface.
If you get an error with something unrelated to this script, seems this isn't the place to be reporting it :lol:
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
lg1992 wrote:Sometimes it's impossible to rotate a place because the rotation point is located closely to one of the place's corners. For example, it happens after converting a point place to an area. Please make sure the rotation point is far enough.
This is handled by OpenLayers, I have no control over the placement
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:Can I suggest a change for the new photo viewer? Prevent re-flowing of the image panels when deleting images.

I've encountered the following scenario several times. You have a row of pictures with one free space at the end. The next row down starts with a place with 2 pictures - so it's container panel is 2 images wide. You intend to delete both of those pictures. You click the trashcan icon on the first picture and that panel shrinks to one picture wide. It immediately re-flows into the gap on the previous line and the next image panel in line jumps to the start of the line you're working on. If you're not careful, you can end up deleting that next image instead of the one that has now jumped up to the previous line.

I hope that makes sense: if not, I'll have to work out how to make a video of it. :lol:
Yes, I understand what you mean...I'm just not entirely sure how to fix it without leaving gaps all over the viewer to prevent the auto-flowing.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:I do realise it will leave gaps - and indeed, I'm guessing that the re-flowing is native behaviour and you'll have to put something in there to force the gaps to remain! However, the gaps will only start to appear when pictures have been deleted and they obviously won't re-appear if the picture browser is closed & re-opened. And they do only need to be at the end of lines, to prevent the something on the start of a line jumping onto the previous line.

I'm just thinking it would be worth the untidy appearance for the usability benefit. But if my guess above is correct, I also understand that it may not be simple to do. ;)
It's actually a fairly easy fix. I'll add an option for it. Who doesn't like options? :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Sebiseba wrote:Hi Justin,

Thanks for this marvelous enhancement :D :D :D

Can you add this lines for french traduction please :

Code: Select all

PhotoViewer: "Activer la visionneuse photos",
PhotoViewerTitle: ""
Lines 3876 and 3877
No, thank you! It is your project :)

Translations added
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Update released - 2018.12.03.02

Adding option for preventing the Photo Viewer display from re-flowing as items are deleted. With this enabled you will need to close and reopen the viewer or click the refresh button for the empty spaces to be cleared.

Prettying up the Photo Viewer settings panel a little
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:And just as you post an update, I have an improvement suggestion. ;)

On my first run through my local area, I deleted a lot of photos, but there are still hundreds left. If I come back to check again in a week or two, I'll be searching through a lot of good photos to find a few bad ones.

Is it possible to implement some sort of date filter? So that I could show, say, all photos since 1st December.

I'm also mulling the possibility that I might want to compare the new ones to the existing ones. So maybe the filter could put a different border colour around the "filtered" photos?
SOOOOOooooooo...
When Sebiseba handed over the code he had an option to hide Places that have been reviewed and the remaining pictures were good. The problem was there wasn't a way to un-hide a Place if a new picture was added - I am going to be working on that soon, which I think will accomplish what you are asking.

My plan is to track the Place and the picture IDs and if all the pictures currently assigned to a Place are in the "okay" list, then the Place won't show. If any of the pictures on the Place are not in the saved "okay" pictures list, then display the Place and all of the pictures.

Might have an option to hide/show all of the already "okay"ed pictures...not sure, though, as it starts to get complicated at that point :)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Sebiseba wrote:Justin,

I think the best way is to save the picture's ID in localstorage in addition to the place's ID.
If a place already checked don't match with localstorage, un-"okay" this place.
Yes, that is a part of the plan. Still working on how much more I want to put into it.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
G_W1Z wrote:Is it possible for the date the photo was added to be shown in the photo viewer?
I believe so, but I cannot display the username
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:For me, this duplication is pretty consistent. Not 100%, but easily in the 70-80% range. And for the first time, I just created a map comment area and ended up with four of those stacked up, too.

Still not sure this script is responsible for it, but seeking more info before I dig further.
I can't reproduce any RPP duplication issues.

PIE doesn't do anything with MCs. If duplicates are being created it is likely another script, which may also be causing the duplicate RPP creation.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message