Speedtrap notification glitch

Post by Allen_B
Have a known/marked speed camera in the area. Recently (past 2 weeks or so) the camera location is marked BUT the app will give numerous pop-ups/notifications for the same camera.

Guessing that multiple users tagged the same camera with slightly different locations, I have attempted to report as not there to kill the extra notifications but no improvement.

**Edit- What needs to happen to fix the multiple notifications?

For reference, the location is 38°36'10.4"N 77°07'54.9"W and is valid but again the app will give a dozen or so notifications.

System info: Android 9.0 (OnePlus 6t) Waze release 4.46.1.3 and Android Auto version 3.8.584564.
Allen_B

POSTER_ID:17620949

Send a message

Post by Allen_B
kodi75 wrote:There were two at that location. I removed the one. It may take a few days to be reflected in the app.
Much appreciated!

There technically are 2 in the same/similar location, but one in each direction. For some reason, the app has been freaking out only on the west-bound side (the map point provided). The east-bound one is properly identified and only gives the single "correct" alert...

Allen
Allen_B
Send a message

Post by Allen_B
subs5 wrote:Hi, I see that you added a camera in each direction after Kodi75 made the change.

The one camera in each direction is adequate. The eastbound camera was moved to your location, but the mulitiple camera adds will just cause the problem that you are asking to be removed.

If you have a problem with the current set up, can you please discuss here vice adding more cameras? Thanks.
Gladly, just a bit of a noob with editing and attempting to add value.

What was a bit confusing is when the area was pulled up no cameras were identified, suggesting (to me) the area was not well identified for the cameras. If this was in error, I apologize.

I noted today that the problem originally reported was unchanged, giving a dozen or so notifications. Please explain what I can contribute to fix the problem- I would like to be part of the fix and not compound the problem...

Allen
Allen_B
Send a message

Post by Allen_B
subs5 wrote:Allen,
Please make sure you have the enforcement camera layer turned on.

To the upper right corner of the WME page (http://www.waze.com/editor) looks like 3 pieces of paper. It is the layers drop down menu (paper layers is the symbology).
Hover over it and in the ROADS section the bottom item is the enforcement cameras. If that box is unchecked you won't see the cameras that are already there.

It typically takes about 2 days (or if a tile update delay up to 1-2 weeks) for changes to move from WME to the app. So please wait another day or two.

I'll send you a welcome message in your Waze inbox with some good areas to start in for a beginner. Cheers, subs5
Great info and really appreciate it! I took a look at the area in question (with the appropriate layer turned on) and the camera location is correctly marked with no duplicates, but confirmed today the app is still giving a dozen or so notifications for the one.

Have to think this is a glitch in the app but no idea how to correct. I will force clear caches on my phone and re-test tomorrow. If that doesn't correct it, will uninstall the app, clear caches again and see how it responds on Friday...

Allen
Allen_B
Send a message

Post by Allen_B
So reporting back- Same issue, same location.

I did uninstall the app, cleared caches and re-installed with no change. Also noted today that the same issue persists with a different phone (Samsung S8) and different vehicle having my wife check it...
Allen_B
Send a message

Post by kodi75
There were two at that location. I removed the one. It may take a few days to be reflected in the app.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
FYI Allen, it can take several days for cameras to clear from the app. They are one of the slowest features to respond to changes. You might be waiting until next week for the change to occur.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by subs5
Hi, I see that you added a camera in each direction after Kodi75 made the change.

The one camera in each direction is adequate. The eastbound camera was moved to your location, but the mulitiple camera adds will just cause the problem that you are asking to be removed.

If you have a problem with the current set up, can you please discuss here vice adding more cameras? Thanks.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
Allen,
Please make sure you have the enforcement camera layer turned on.

To the upper right corner of the WME page (www.waze.com/editor) looks like 3 pieces of paper. It is the layers drop down menu (paper layers is the symbology).
Hover over it and in the ROADS section the bottom item is the enforcement cameras. If that box is unchecked you won't see the cameras that are already there.

It typically takes about 2 days (or if a tile update delay up to 1-2 weeks) for changes to move from WME to the app. So please wait another day or two.

I'll send you a welcome message in your Waze inbox with some good areas to start in for a beginner. Cheers, subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message