495 Hot Lanes

Post by PJC_III
Is it just me, or does Waze freak the heck out when you go on the 495 Hot Lanes? Even if I have Avoid Tolls off it will not take me on there and if I ignore Waze and enter the Hot Lanes it can't figure out where I am and keeps telling me to proceed to the highlighted route. What gives?
PJC_III

POSTER_ID:17442318

Send a message

Post by GregoryKoch
TJNoffy wrote:Insufficient answer. I have the same issue on I-495 and I-95 Express (HOT) Lanes. Did you know that if you don't have an EZPass, you can still drive on the Express Lanes and get billed via your license plate? So, not everyone who drives in the Express Lanes necessarily has an EZPass.

The bottom line is that if Waze knows that you are driving on lanes THAT WAZE KNOWS ABOUT, Waze should recalculate your route ON THOSE LANES. Waze should not care if you have entered an EZPass in your configuration... that's irrelevant. I'm on the lanes, so just route me on those lanes!
I mean, you can drive without an EZ-Pass and pay the fee, in the same sense that you can drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you're willing to pay some money. But neither one is legal.
GregoryKoch
Send a message

Post by subs5
Do you have your transponder selected? Need EZPass or EZPassFlex. Go to SETTINGS>NAVIGATION> Add toll/HOV passes> Select EZPASS-VA or EZPASS FLEX as applicable if you have one.
You need to have either one to see the express lanes as a toll road. You need EZPassFlex to get the HOV-2/3+ route and then select it in the ROUTES section.

If you haven't told Waze you have the appropriate transponder then it will not route you on the Express Lanes.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
The lanes are marked on the VDOT signage as EZPass Only and HOV-3+ needs EZPassFlex for free routing. There is no official pay by plate, you do get a few days grace period to pay on line or else you get a bill in the mail with raised prices. So if you want Waze to route you with the VDOTs set up you just need to add the transponder.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by TJNoffy
Insufficient answer. I have the same issue on I-495 and I-95 Express (HOT) Lanes. Did you know that if you don't have an EZPass, you can still drive on the Express Lanes and get billed via your license plate? So, not everyone who drives in the Express Lanes necessarily has an EZPass.

The bottom line is that if Waze knows that you are driving on lanes THAT WAZE KNOWS ABOUT, Waze should recalculate your route ON THOSE LANES. Waze should not care if you have entered an EZPass in your configuration... that's irrelevant. I'm on the lanes, so just route me on those lanes!
TJNoffy
Send a message