Forum rules
Welcome to the Switzerland Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Discord Server:

https://i.ibb.co/zQfpNSG/join-discord.png
(click the image to join the Discord)

Swiss highway vignette information

Post by
Hi everyone,

Waze has implemented the Swiss vignette in the Waze App!

You now need to activate Vignette CH in your Waze App Settings for Waze to know that you are allowed to drive on the swiss highways.

Information in English, Deutsch, Français & Italiano: http://www.waze-switzerland.ch/vignette

If you have any questions you can also ask them here :)

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by alvesjc1
Hello all.

One question, I don't have the vignette yet, and I only want to buy it in December.
I'm about to cross switzerland, but even without adding vignette, waze is sending me to highways that need it, warning me that I need it.
Is there anyway just to make it avoid the places where it is needed ?

Thanks
alvesjc1
Send a message

Post by christianTF
Screenshot_20210827-152114.png
(65.35 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
 Waze / Android is still routing through Switzerland motorways, with Avoid toll setting, and without Swiss vignette added.

In Austria, "avoid toll" is working properly when removing the AT Vignette. 

Best regards, 
Christian
Screenshot_20210827-152240.png
(96.48 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

Screenshot_20210827-152152.png
(171.05 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

christianTF
Send a message

Post by dschaedl77
nice!
and how do I add the Vignette in the online live-map?
Currently the routing in the live-map is pretty useless as it will never take any highways.

Daniel
dschaedl77
Send a message

Post by L1122CM
vince1612 wrote:Hi everyone,

Waze has implemented the Swiss vignette in the Waze App!

You now need to activate Vignette CH in your Waze App Settings for Waze to know that you are allowed to drive on the swiss highways.

Information in English, Deutsch, Français & Italiano: http://www.waze-switzerland.ch/vignette

If you have any questions you can also ask them here :)

Need info for this
is this app avaiable or downloadable locally only?
i think each country has different Waze app version.. right?
and only downloadable locally (by SIMCard number identity)
L1122CM
Send a message

Post by Linder0897
Hallo zusammen,

ja, mir ist auch gerade aufgefallen, dass man in der Schweiz jetzt immer über die Autobahnen geroutet wird. Ob man Vignette an- oder abwählt und Mautstraßen an- oder abschaltet. Vom Verhalten des Routing-Algorithmus ist das insofern korrekt, weil in der Karte die Schweizer Autobahnen weder als Mautstraße markiert sind, noch ist eine Beschränkung für alle ohne "Vignette CH" eingetragen.

Offensichtlich ist das geändert worden, denn es hat mal funktioniert. Gibt es einen Grund, warum man dieses überaus nützliche Feature durch Enfernen der Beschränkung für die Autobahnen unbrauchbar gemacht hat?

Viele Grüße
Arne

Linder0897
Send a message

Post by Linder0897
Hi Vince1612.

Thanks for clarifying. I agree that the approach, you are using in Switzerland for the vignette restrictions is better than the Austrian one.

However, there seems to be still an issue with the routing algorithm. I selected a route from Solingen, Germany to Davos using the App (V. 4.77.0.01, Android) and I got the following results:
  1. Swiss and Austrian vignette selected: I get a route over Memmingen - (A96) - German/Austrian border - (A14) - Exit Hohenems - Austrian/Swiss border - Widnau and then via A13 to Landquart. That is correct, since this is the fastest way.
  2. Swiss vignette deselected, only Austrian vignette selected: I get a route over Memmingen - (A96) - German/Austrian border - (A14) - Exit Feldkirch-Frastanz and then on ordinary streets through Liechtenstein to Landquart. This is also correct, since the Swiss highways are avoided.
  3. Austrian vignette deselected, only Swiss vignette selected: Now I get again the route via Memmingen - (A96) - German/Austrian border - (A14) - Exit Hohenems - Austrian/Swiss border - Widnau and then via A13 to Landquart. This is also correct, since you do not need an Austrian vignette for the A14 between German border and exit Hohenems.
  4. Neither Swiss nor Austrian vignette selected: Again Waze routes via Memmingen - (A96) - German/Austrian border - (A14) - Exit Hohenems - Austrian/Swiss border - Widnau and then via A13 to Landquart. This is not correct, since you are routed over Swiss highways even if you deselected the Swiss vignette.
Can someone look into that?

Best regards

Arne

Linder0897
Send a message

Post by Linder0897
Thanks. I just have submitted a ticket. Let's see what happens
Arne
Linder0897
Send a message

Post by onryou
Hello,

I try a drive between Dijon and Evian les Bains.

Waze tells me to travel by Lausanne (HW 9). I don't select the Vignette CH, but Waze proposes me this way...

Is it a known problem ?
onryou
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by onryou
vince1612 wrote:
onryou wrote:Hello,

I try a drive between Dijon and Evian les Bains.

Waze tells me to travel by Lausanne (HW 9). I don't select the Vignette CH, but Waze proposes me this way...

Is it a known problem ?
Not a known problem. Can you share more details or screenshots?

I can't reproduce this on the Livemap: https://www.waze.com/livemap?ll=46.3992 ... 551&at=now

P.S. - Pas de soucis pour continuer en français si jamais, le topic est juste en anglais car c'est plus rapide pour moi que de l'écrire en trois langues.
Voici le test en vidéo (via Dropbox). Il n'y a pas d'étape dans le trajet. Hors péage mais avec possibilité de prendre les autoroutes et voie express. J'ai regardé l'A9 (suisse) est bien paramétrée dans Waze
onryou
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by onryou
Je reviens vers toi. Le rafraîchissement de la zone (dezoom au Max) a résolu le problème. Je n’y avais pas pensé :)

Merci pour ton aide
onryou
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message